300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will This DQ Me For Good?

Hey Ladies and Gents, I have a question in regards to the BI part. This will be pretty short and sweet.

My main question is, can I still get hired on somewhere.

When I was 21 I applied for my first agency, I just got out of the Marine Corp with no college yet. I have smoked THC 3 times in my life. I have never stolen or been in any kind of trouble. My background for the most part is pretty squeaky clean with no major issues. However, I was rejected on my first try applying to an agency at 21. The only part I disclosed in my background is that when I was 16 after a major surgery, I gave away my pain medication. I barely remember even doing that. I can't remember if it was just a few or the whole bottle, I think it was the remaining amount, but it is very vague in my memory. I listed that under the part where it asked "have ever sold any drugs?" Well, I don't remember any money or anything being exchanged, I just gave them to him because he was a friend. Was it stupid? No doubt it was.

I applied to another agency at 22 and got DQ'd.

I am now 27 with a Bachelors degree, I am a former Associate Pastor and I will be CLEET certified within the next 8 months.

My question is, do I have a good chance at getting hired knowing, that incident took place 11 years ago? When I list the former agencies that I have applied for, will the current agency contact the other I was DQ'd from and release my information? I will continue to disclose the prior agency's I have applied for, it's just that incident has grown even more vague, and now I pretty much don't remember anything about the incident other than one particular image. I also don't remember what I told them on my Prior applications because it was 5-6 years ago.

Thanks for you help.

In NY a giving someone narcotics or marijuana whether money is exchanged or not, is considered sale. So according to your description of events you are permanently DQ'd here.

Comment

Originally posted by Grantisonfire View Post
      Hey Ladies and Gents, I have a question in regards to the BI part. This will be pretty short and sweet.

My main question is, can I still get hired on somewhere.

When I was 21 I applied for my first agency, I just got out of the Marine Corp with no college yet. I have smoked THC 3 times in my life. I have never stolen or been in any kind of trouble. My background for the most part is pretty squeaky clean with no major issues. However, I was rejected on my first try applying to an agency at 21. The only part I disclosed in my background is that when I was 16 after a major surgery, I gave away my pain medication. I barely remember even doing that. I can't remember if it was just a few or the whole bottle, I think it was the remaining amount, but it is very vague in my memory. I listed that under the part where it asked "have ever sold any drugs?" Well, I don't remember any money or anything being exchanged, I just gave them to him because he was a friend. Was it stupid? No doubt it was.

I applied to another agency at 22 and got DQ'd.

I am now 27 with a Bachelors degree, I am a former Associate Pastor and I will be CLEET certified within the next 8 months.

My question is, do I have a good chance at getting hired knowing, that incident took place 11 years ago? When I list the former agencies that I have applied for, will the current agency contact the other I was DQ'd from and release my information? I will continue to disclose the prior agency's I have applied for, it's just that incident has grown even more vague, and now I pretty much don't remember anything about the incident other than one particular image. I also don't remember what I told them on my Prior applications because it was 5-6 years ago.

Thanks for you help.
      Pm me with more details like which agencies in particular.
      Problems with a psych exam?
      Have an upcoming
      PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
      you make up your mind.
      WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
      http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

The only part I disclosed in my background is that when I was 16 after a major surgery, I gave away my pain medication. I barely remember even doing that. I can't remember if it was just a few or the whole bottle, I think it was the remaining amount, but it is very vague in my memory. I listed that under the part where it asked "have ever sold any drugs?" Well, I don't remember any money or anything being exchanged, I just gave them to him because he was a friend. Was it stupid? No doubt it was.
        To begin with NO ONE is going to believe that you don't remember (or barely remember ) this incident.
        #2 It doesn't matter if any money was exchanged------you provided drugs to someone who was not prescribed those drugs

You are most likely TOAST for the vast majority of agencies in the United States

When I list the former agencies that I have applied for, will the current agency contact the other I was DQ'd from and release my information? I will continue to disclose the prior agency's I have applied for, it's just that incident has grown even more vague, and now I pretty much don't remember anything about the incident other than one particular image. I also don't remember what I told them on my Prior applications because it was 5-6 years ago.
        I don't believe you...................................

YES any agency WILL talk to the previous agency
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

The difficulty is, that there are (believe it, or not) many applicants with your SAME or quite similar qualifications, but they did NOT give away their pain meds to a friend. When everyone looks really good, you merely thin the herd by DQ'ing the ones with a blemish.
          "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Well, I appreciate all of your input. I will PM you Vista.

Comment

I don't know if you'd be perma DQ'd here, but you'd have an uphill battle against similar candidates without that mark on their past.

Comment

Originally posted by AppState View Post
                I don't know if you'd be perma DQ'd here, but you'd have an uphill battle against similar candidates without that mark on their past.
                I'm sure I'll have an uphill battle. But again, I appreciate everyone taking the time to read and give their input on the situation.

Comment

While you may not be permanently disqualified from every agency in every state,you have an uphill battle.
                  I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4935 users online. 287 members and 4648 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X