300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit confused is this normal?

Hello I'm new here have a question for you guys because I'd rather sound dumb in front of you then my new department lol ok I just got a job offer and a official start date. Uniform sizes were asked of me on Thursday. My question lies in my poly and psych are still not scheduled and was told hopefully a week before my start date. Now what I'm worried about is quitting my job now and moving. I have not lived a perfect life and have no problem admitting it but I have freaked my self out by reading about honest people failing. Is it normal for the process to be this close to start date?

Originally posted by coltonwynn View Post
    Hello I'm new here have a question for you guys because I'd rather sound dumb in front of you then my new department lol ok I just got a job offer and a official start date. Uniform sizes were asked of me on Thursday. My question lies in my poly and psych are still not scheduled and was told hopefully a week before my start date. Now what I'm worried about is quitting my job now and moving. I have not lived a perfect life and have no problem admitting it but I have freaked my self out by reading about honest people failing. Is it normal for the process to be this close to start date?
    You have a "start date" BUT your hiring process is not finished. This isn't "normal' but ---------I guess that is how it is done there.

I would be cautious in quitting a job based on still needing to pass a poly and psych -----but you really DO NEED to address this with the agency----
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

You may have been told that the next class starts on "X" date but unless you signed a job offer, your BI process is not complete.

In no way, shape or form can i imagine you have been given the date you will start without a med and psyche successfully completed.

Sometimes people hear what they want to hear rather than what they are being told.

Comment

Are you sure this particular agency HAS poly and psych?

Comment

What state are you in? Not all states require a polygraph, for instance, and even in those that do, failing one doesn't necessarily mean you're disqualified or won't be hired. Crazy things happen.

Comment

Originally posted by CptCAV View Post
            You may have been told that the next class starts on "X" date but unless you signed a job offer, your BI process is not complete.

In no way, shape or form can i imagine you have been given the date you will start without a med and psyche successfully completed.

Sometimes people hear what they want to hear rather than what they are being told.
            It's August 4th as a start date thank you for calling me a liar

For the others I'm in Idaho it's for tribal police and yes there is poly and psych

Comment

Comment

Also Idaho is attend post within 1 year of hire date so there's no "class start date"

Comment

For the others I'm in Idaho it's for tribal police and yes there is poly and psych
                  Dude, I'd be careful from here on out. He did not call you a liar, his statement holds merit. Contact the agency to get things squared up.

Comment

Originally posted by mookster View Post
                    Dude, I'd be careful from here on out. He did not call you a liar, his statement holds merit. Contact the agency to get things squared up.
                    The way I read "sometimes people hear what they want to hear" statement felt like he thought I was lying on saying I have been told a hire date. If I'm wrong my deeply apologies for jumping the gun. I talk to the sgt tomorrow will be asked

Thanks

Colton

Comment

He did NOT call you a liar so stop the indignation-----------------YOU came on this forum asking "IS THIS NORMAL" You have been told SEVERAL TIMES that it is NOT.

CptCav---gave you a POSSIBLE scenario that YOU DIDN"T HEAR CORRECTLY or that you misunderstood the process

NO ONE HERE has been with the agency you obviously are in the process with because NO ONE HERE has ever heard of being given a start date when the background/testing process has not been complete.

THE NORMAL process is to get a TENTATIVE OFFER of employment based to the completion of the remaining of the process.-------------------THAT uusally means there is a CHANCE of you not passing the remaining part of the process and NOT being offered the job permanently.

NOW, I would suggest you get off your indignant high horse and refer to post #2

The way I read "sometimes people hear what they want to hear" statement felt like he thought I was lying on saying I have been told a hire date.
                      Your reading comprehension is lacking then
                      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

My .02 ... Did you receive a FINAL offer or a CONDITIONAL offer?

Those are two very different things. While they aren't leaving much time between the completion of your processing and your start date, it is common to get a conditional offer pending further processing. If you haven't signed on the line, you probably got a conditional offer.

Comment

Some employers have you sign a conditional offer before they can do the medical/psych portions of the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                            He did NOT call you a liar so stop the indignation-----------------YOU came on this forum asking "IS THIS NORMAL" You have been told SEVERAL TIMES that it is NOT.

CptCav---gave you a POSSIBLE scenario that YOU DIDN"T HEAR CORRECTLY or that you misunderstood the process

NO ONE HERE has been with the agency you obviously are in the process with because NO ONE HERE has ever heard of being given a start date when the background/testing process has not been complete.

THE NORMAL process is to get a TENTATIVE OFFER of employment based to the completion of the remaining of the process.-------------------THAT uusally means there is a CHANCE of you not passing the remaining part of the process and NOT being offered the job permanently.

NOW, I would suggest you get off your indignant high horse and refer to post #2

Your reading comprehension is lacking then

Comment

I'll do you one better. I was hired, sworn in and working for months when they decided, "Oh yeah, you need to take a polygraph."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6424 users online. 387 members and 6037 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X