300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for information that I can't find

I'm going to cut to the chase, I'm a 6 year vetran in the United States Marine Corps. Prior to my enlistment I was charged and convicted of CDS with attempt to distribute. With 2 years left on my contract, will I still be disqualified to serve my community as a LEO. I'd rather find out now before I continue to entertain the thought.

Originally posted by LUIS_MARTINEZ View Post
    I'm going to cut to the chase, I'm a 6 year vetran in the United States Marine Corps. Prior to my enlistment I was charged and convicted of CDS with attempt to distribute. With 2 years left on my contract, will I still be disqualified to serve my community as a LEO. I'd rather find out now before I continue to entertain the thought.
    What is CDS? Different states have different abbreviations.
    Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

Don't come to Iowa

Distributing or attempting to distribute drugs is a disqualification . The state won't license you as a peace officer.
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Honestly, Devil Dog, stay in the Marine Corps and make it a career. As a former Marine and current LEO, I can honestly tell you, I don't see any possible way of you getting hired as an LEO. Unfortunately, not only you were charged, but convicted. Drugs and for that part, drug dealing or distributing will be an automatic dis-qualifier. Not to mention the competition out there for LEO jobs is huge. Many veterans out there and tons of candidates with clean records. Sorry, I know you would like to hear other answers, but just like you, I will cut to the chase and tell you to stay in the Corps. I actually wished I would have stayed, by now I would be retired, lol. Good luck to you Devil Dog. Oohhrahh!

Comment

I appreciate the feedback gentleman it is much appreciated

Comment

Control of a dangerous substance

Comment

Control of a dangerous substance
              Possession with intent to distribute is a deal breaker.

Comment

Prior to my enlistment I was charged and convicted of CDS with attempt to distribute.
                Permanent no-go here.

Stay in the Corps and make your career there.

It's a noble calling and honorable service.
                "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Auto DQ here.
                  The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                  that we are all that stands between
                  the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

You got caught for possession. The times you used/possessed/distributed will also be used against you. You are a DQ in most California agencies.

Comment

You're an auto DQ here.

Comment

I looked up the case by contacting the court. I found out it was dismissed. If anyone can help the charge was 2C36-2. Incident occurred in newark NJ. I understand I may still be disqualified for law enforcement but maybe I can be qualified for EMT or Fire Department. I just wholeheartedly want to serve my community now.

Comment

I would encourage you to stay in the Corps brother. If the case was dismissed, Law Enforcement is always there after you retire, and you could get a second retirement after your military retirement. IF your heart is set on law enforcement or public safety immediately, I suggest calling a recruiter from a department that you want to go to and talk to them about your specific situation to see what they say. Every state / department has different standards regardless of if they were convictions or arrests.

Comment

Most Marines get the burn out right where you are. You've realized that advancement is nearly unheard of, and its not all that the posters made it out to be. Having been in the the Corps, I get that. If that is why you are not going to re-up, let me remind you of an oft forgotten process called lateral transfer. If you are not barred from reenlistment, you could probably lateral to any branch and within 6 months gain a rank, if not 2. AND you get duty stations in places you can actually pronounce.

Even though it was dismissed, you were charged. That's going to DQ you from LE most everywhere, from what I understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Shush View Post

Even though it was dismissed, you were charged. That's going to DQ you from LE most everywhere, from what I understand.
                              You were charged with a Drug FELONY....................in most cases you are toast. Pure and simple

but maybe I can be qualified for EMT or Fire Department. I just wholeheartedly want to serve my community now.
                              HEY----------------You were CHARGED with a DRUG FELONY. What makes you think that a Ambulance company is going to want you around the DRUGS they carry?------------Sorry you probably won't clear the background there either

In MOST places the FireFighters run through the same basic background as a police officer
                              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6366 users online. 372 members and 5994 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X