Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employment history

Hey all!

As of now I am about 1 year out of self sponsoring through an academy. I have worked at a credit union near me for about a month as a teller, but will be moving to member support at the end of July. Before accepting this job at the credit union I have tried applying at different police departments for everything under the sun, including my colleges public safety department. Of course, now that I have a job, the public safety department at my college has open positions.

My question is, with an academy so near in my future, if I were to take a job at my colleges public safety department, does holding this job at the credit union for such a small amount of time look bad?

I know holding many positions for short periods of time will look bad to prospective departments while going through the hiring process, however I have had continuous employment in the past, with two separate companies at the same time, with a 1 year break between my previous job and the one I currently have.

Thank you in advance for any feedback,
    DtownTigs
    On this job, the only thing that's black and white is the car. -Peter Malloy

Always do what's right, and if you do what's right, you won't have a problem. -My Father

R.I.P. Dad, 3/11/56 - 5/15/14

If your academy is a year away, you have to work somewhere, don't you? I don't see what the issue is. Have you looked at a part time academy? Quitting a job to attend a full time self sponsored academy is a big risk that almost never pays off in a timely manner. There are guys around here who can't even pick up an auxiliary badge a year after graduation, which automatically puts them back in a refresher class.

Comment

I've held some jobs only a week to a month, this one going on two months before applying for College Public Safety Dept
      Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
      USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
      "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
      Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4764 users online. 278 members and 4486 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X