300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oral interview with injury

I tripped and fell down a few steps, injuring my ankle last night. Its a possibility that I may need crutches, should I give the personnel dept. a heads up before showing up later on today?

Or act like nothing happened and just show up?

I traveled 8hrs to get here and the pain started up about half way through the drive.

Any suggestions will help! Thank you.

Elevation and ice. Go to a pharm or box store and get a splint or a wrap that you can wear under your suit. I wouldn't mention anything unless it is very obvious that you are gimping around.

Comment

My thought is that if you're able to make the interview without too much pain, you should do so. If you're limping and gimping, they'll probably ask you about it. Simply tell them what happened.

Once more, if you're able to drive safely, if you're not in a lot of pain, do the interview. Just my .02, and good luck.

Comment

I injured my back (lumbar strain) a week before doing my 2nd interview... didn't say anything and tried not to look hurt
        Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
        USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
        "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
        Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

I'm going to the interview no matter what. I can't put any weight on it so I am definitely going to need crutches.

Comment

Show up and explain the gimp when you get there...................
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Done. ..it wasn't a problem at all. However, climbing the stairs in crutches caused me to be short of breath when the interview began. I hope it was not mistaken for a nervous mannerism. Got my fingers crossed! Thanks for all the suggestions.

Comment

Hey, it's not like you showed up with a seeing eye dog..

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
                  Hey, it's not like you showed up with a seeing eye dog..
                  We actually DID have a blind person apply at the penitentiary.

FULL DISCLOSURE:
                  One of the prison industries where we train and employ inmates was the "Braille Shop" where books for the blind were made.

This person had various certifications that would have made him a valued employee had we been able to hire a blind person in prison setting
                  Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6527 users online. 363 members and 6164 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X