Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about B.I

Hi everyone,
    Just had a few quick questions about the background investigation. I was contacted by my BI today and he informed me that he was going to start my background and have "the written part" done in the next week or so. And then continue on and in a few weeks, he'd have me come to the P.D for 3-4 hours for an interview and some paperwork stuff. The only thing I have not done in the process yet is the poly and medical exam and those are given to the ones who are given conditional job offers.
    My questions are: What does it all mean? Is the paperwork usually the conditional job offer or is it just release consent forms? What is the interview going to be like?
    Any help would be appreciated. I don't think anything is going to pop up in my background except the 4 wrecks I've been in, 2 tickets that were 2 years ago, and the time I accidentally gave alcohol to a minor (I was 21 and she was a coworker and had a fake ID that to my untrained eye looked valid) I was honest about all of that in my PHQ. So it would save me a lot of worrying if you all could kinda give me an idea of what all of the background things are and whether I'm on the homestretch to getting hired. Thanks so much!
    Last edited by bsmith25; 06-26-2014, 03:01 PM.

Originally posted by bsmith25 View Post
    My questions are: What does it all mean? Is the paperwork usually the conditional job offer or is it just release consent forms?
    Who knows what procdeures THAT AGENCY uses?

What it means is ------------------he is doing your background and will contact you for a Background interview and to have you sign some paper work. Most likely release forms but who really knows except them?
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

All I know is that when you put a period between the B and I, it makes it look like a B and a J.

Which really, isn't much different than a BI, i suppose.....

Comment

I would suggest, don't worry about it.

Do what you have to do when it's time to do it. You'll know when to do it and how to do it because they will tell you.

It's a long process with a lot of paperwork. Not just on your end either. The investigator will have three or four times the paperwork that you see on your end.

Comment

Originally posted by Shush View Post
          All I know is that when you put a period between the B and I, it makes it look like a B and a J.

I want your backgrounds. Not once have I ejaculated after a good background investigation.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
            I want your backgrounds. Not once have I ejaculated after a good background investigation.
            Me either................................but I have ended up with a pile of something a time or two
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I can't speak for your BI, but when I did backgrounds I usually met with the applicant twice.

The first meeting was when the background started. It was mainly to go over the paperwork. While the Personal History Questionnaire seems simple and straight forward, there are a lot of questions applicants do not understand and answered incorrectly. Some give contradictory answers, leave questions blank, give responses that don't make sense, etc. It's kind of a housekeeping interview to get things cleaned up.

During the background information will always be developed that will be adverse to the applicants interest. Sometimes it's major but usually it's a lot of minor stuff. Employment dates won't match up, a former neighbor will bad mouth you, a former employer will have no record of you ever working there so I need something from you to substantiate your employment there, etc., so a discrepancy interview will be held to clear things up at the end of the background.
              Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Big difference. One is pleasant and always has a happy ending

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                  Me either................................but I have ended up with a pile of something a time or two

All I know is that the agencies I applied for all issued knee pads at the door when we started the investigation process.

Comment

Thanks for the help everyone. Just wasn't sure what to expect and was worrying that after being so close to getting hired, I'd get DQ'd because of the accidents or tickets or something else that I disclosed on my PHQ. Thanks again for the advice! I'll wait and see what happens

Comment

Literally the entire reason I came, no pun intended, into this thread.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9397 users online. 488 members and 8909 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X