300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is Alaska PAT pass/fail or points for better than minimum

I hear that in Iowa (police departments) the physical assessment test is pass/fail where you do not get extra points if you score better than the minimum requirements. Is it the same in Alaska for the Anchorage Police Department? Is it pass/fail on the physical assessment or do you get placed higher on a "list" if you score better than the PAT minimum requirements?

Thank You
    Last edited by penelhum212; 06-17-2014, 06:10 PM.

Originally posted by penelhum212 View Post
    I hear that in Iowa (police departments) the physical assessment test is pass/fail where you do not get extra points if you score better than the minimum requirements.
    That is the absolute fact...............................
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
      That is the absolute fact...............................
      i know. i heard you say it in 2013.
      now im wondering about alaska

Comment

Originally posted by penelhum212 View Post
        i know. i heard you say it in 2013.
        now im wondering about alaska

Try this. Inquire directly to the agency you're interested in or applying to. They should have the information you're seeking. Whether or not additional points are awarded for the "PAT" is a matter of individual agency policy.

Comment

I googled "Anchorage PD PAT". I got this page:

http://www.muni.org/departments/poli...s/default.aspx

I scrolled down, found under Entry Level Testing, "Physical Agility Test". I downloaded. I read.

It was quite simple, actually.

You have to pass the PAT to be accepted to the academy. Now how you do physically while IN the academy may help your ranking, but the PAT for acceptance is just a selection tool.

On another note, that lateral transfer salary just made me salivate a little bit. Too bad I can not stand cold weather.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5753 users online. 324 members and 5429 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X