Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Failed the behavior analysis, should I just get out of this field?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed the behavior analysis, should I just get out of this field?

Been applying at a lot of different agencies and I've been turned down by the Texas DPS and San Antonio. DPS said I didn't have enough exp and I failed San An behavior analysis that apparently is based on my "honesty"? Not sure how I failed it and it has me VERY confused, but I digress.

I want to get some input on other people who have taken similar behavior analysis and if they took the results to heart. San An said I can re-apply in 6 months (I guess my behavior and honesty will change by then) but I'm not sure if I should even continue with this career field since I haven't been contacted by other agencies and I failed two other depts hiring procedures......

Being told you can re-apply in six months is NOT a disqualification for life. It means precisely what it says. Behavior Analysis is a somewhat new phrase for me, being more familiar with the usual polygraph exam.

If the two are similar, and I believe they are, you neither pass or fail them. They are investigative tools, and you'd probably get an argument from some LE Officers on that score. At the end of the day, you know your background and potential "issues" far better than anyone here.

Based on what you've posted, I would suggest you reapply with both Texas DPS and San Antonio PD. Don't limit yourself to those agencies either.

Of course, that decision is yours to make, but you may just be giving up too soon.

Comment

I'm 21 and I feel like my age may be holding me back too?

Comment

Originally posted by dpstexas1211 View Post
        (I guess my behavior and honesty will change by then) .
        Maybe your ATTITUDE might change after six months of retrospection.

Yes I view that response a being crappy.

In Law Enforcement the various testing procedures (no matter what they are at the agency you choose to apply for) are designed to weed out people who are not "cut out" or not "ready" for the profession

NORMALLY, if you are deemed "not cut out for" the job you will be told to never darken their door again (actually the letter will usually say something like "You are deemed permanently disqualified")

If you have a problem that can be rectified by time or other means( in other words ---not READY at this time), you will be told you can re-apply in whatever time frame that agency uses.

Most psychological tests---which is what I assume the "Behavior Analysis" test is----------are really fluid. Basically you can "fail" it one day and "pass" it the next day.

Those tests can also be "weighted" in order to obtain candidates that fit a specific set of characteristics.

Either way-------------------being passive aggressive and/or flippant about the decision of the agency will get you absolutely NO WHERE. You either pick up the pieces and move on, or choose to be a victim and no longer try.

I'm 21 and I feel like my age may be holding me back too?
        Well, there is only one way to cure that problem.
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I felt the same way about sticking to it, but I guess I just wanted a second opinion. Didn't think it would be this difficult to get hired with Military and jail exp, but I guess that's life. Thanks again gents.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I felt the same way about sticking to it, but I guess I just wanted a second opinion. Didn't think it would be this difficult to get hired with Military and jail exp, but I guess that's life. Thanks again gents.
            LE is highly competitive. Don't get discouraged, keep your nose clean, and try to improve yourself psychically, academically, and emotionally as frequently as possible. You will get picked up eventually.
            “You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” ― Winston Churchill

Comment

Go back over the reasons you were not hired. DPS said insufficient experience. You are 21. What work or education experience do you have? What are the minimums for DPS? Those are the targets you need to hit. San Antonio said failed behavioral analysis but try again in 6 months. Review the interview/test that covered the behavioral analysis. Obviously you were not a DQ, you were invited to apply again. As PhilipCal wrote, don't limit yourself to these two agencies. Applying to other LE agencies will build up your confidence to handle the process.

Comment

The only thing I am going to say is that if you give up at this point, LE is not the field for you.

My motto is SIUADO. That stands for Suck It Up And Drive On. That is the attitude you will need in this profession.
                In God We Trust
                Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

IMO I think a lot of younger guys should try to get a job at a jail or prison first. You get the right attitude and mind set and I think it is a great stepping stone into law enforcement. The money isn't bad either and looks good on a application. So before you give up on the field, realize there is other things in law enforcement than LEO. Hell you may want to go Parole.
                  "At his best, man is the noblest of all animals; separated from law and justice he is the worst."

~Aristotle

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4695 users online. 278 members and 4417 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X