300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting period

So I left a correctional assistant prebackground interview today and was talking with the deputy who said I should withdraw given the amount of position and my background. Really cool guy, gave me a lot of information. Also recommended me to seek other leo opinion on my background and when I should apply, he said I don't have any automatic dq but as a whole my bg isn't as stellar as other candidates which he's right.

So here's the bad and good.
    I'm 26, turning 27.

Been fired twice (2005/2006)
    - Once was for having too many writeups, three. I had two writeups for having too many voids (returned transactions) as a cashier and one for giving another employee cheese when I should of charged him.

-Other time I was fired it was due to me calling out several times and my overall performance.

Since then I have been at the same job for 6 years, been promoted to an assistant manager and then promoted two more time to higher assistant manager positions.

-I stole an air impact gun from work (2009) approximate value 125. Stole a case of beer (2005). Was not caught for either.

-I tried marijuana once, in 2004. A joint, haven't touched the stuff since then.

-My last ex gf whom I was with for 3 years, did have a handful of physical altercation from 2006-2008. Where I shoved her or pinched her. This happened I would say 3-4 times.

-Most recently I drove buzzed (5 drinks in 3 hours) last year in july.

-I have 80 college units.

-One of my medical bills did go to collections in 2011, I settled and paid it off in 2012. I had a few checks in 2007-2008 I would say 3 to 4 that were non sufficient funds, I didn't write this to another person, just between my two checking accounts with different banks. Writing a check to myself basically.

-I had one speeding ticket 55 in a 45 that I went to traffic school for.

I have been dq 7 times over the past 8 years, this year I have been dq twice. Once with LAPD and once with Riverside Sheriff for dispatch. So I'm not sure if I should wait a little longer.....I have an upcoming test with Albuquerque police in august.

Appreciate any opinions or guidance. Thanks again.
    Last edited by Shawn1013; 06-10-2014, 01:06 AM.

The domestic violence history alone would be lifetime DQ here.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn1013 View Post
      So I left a correctional assistant prebackground interview today and was talking with the deputy who said I should withdraw given the amount of position and my background. Really cool guy, gave me a lot of information. Also recommended me to seek other leo opinion on my background and when I should apply, he said I don't have any automatic dq but as a whole my bg isn't as stellar as other candidates which he's right.

So here's the bad and good.
      I'm 26, turning 27.

Been fired twice (2005/2006)
      - Once was for having too many writeups, three. I had two writeups for having too many voids (returned transactions) as a cashier and one for giving another employee cheese when I should of charged him.

-Other time I was fired it was due to me calling out several times and my overall performance.

Since then I have been at the same job for 6 years, been promoted to an assistant manager and then promoted two more time to higher assistant manager positions.

-I stole an air impact gun from work (2009) approximate value 125. Stole a case of beer (2005). Was not caught for either.

-I tried marijuana once, in 2004. A joint, haven't touched the stuff since then.

-My last ex gf whom I was with for 3 years, did have a handful of physical altercation from 2006-2008. Where I shoved her or pinched her. This happened I would say 3-4 times.

-Most recently I drove buzzed (5 drinks in 3 hours) last year in july.

-I have 80 college units.

-One of my medical bills did go to collections in 2011, I settled and paid it off in 2012. I had a few checks in 2007-2008 I would say 3 to 4 that were non sufficient funds, I didn't write this to another person, just between my two checking accounts with different banks. Writing a check to myself basically.

-I had one speeding ticket 55 in a 45 that I went to traffic school for.

I have been dq 7 times over the past 8 years, this year I have been dq twice. Once with LAPD and once with Riverside Sheriff for dispatch. So I'm not sure if I should wait a little longer.....I have an upcoming test with Albuquerque police in august.

Appreciate any opinions or guidance. Thanks again.

Originally posted by Shawn1013 View Post

You obviously need some plain hard tough "love".

You are not going to get hired in the Law Enforcement field.

You TOTAL background with MULTIPLE problems (DUI, DV, Theft, Being fired 2x for misconduct/cause) is the type of background we find on the criminals we arrest.

The deputy you talked to at your last meeting is telling you the truth although I think your admitting to "pushing/pinching" your former girlfriend is going to be a PERMANENT bar from EVER being hired as a police officer.

While it is not a conviction of DV, it shows a propensity for not controlling your emotions in stressful encounters. You admitting to this places any potential employer in a "sticky wicket" should they decide to hire you. ANY future incident or even allegations of violence would cause the decision to employ a person with known issues to be questioned.

I don't know of ANY competent LE administrator that is going to want to take the chance of hiring you.
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
        You are not going to get hired in the Law Enforcement field.
        You cannot be the police. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. This is not to say that people cannot change, but people who have a pattern of bad behavior (such as your own) cannot be the police. Agencies will not roll the dice on hiring someone with a (I'm being nice here) 'spotty' background.

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

DQ & don't apply again.

Comment

DQ here, numerous incidents in the past, DV issues, theft, driving with disregard for laws and safety of others. My agency would file your app in the rectangular file bin. A few "atta boys" don't erase the "screwed pooches."

Sorry!
            The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
            that we are all that stands between
            the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Thanks everyone. Appreciate the guidance and Information. I'm not gonna give up and will continue to keep tryingt best but I'm gonna have a backup plan lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn3210 View Post
                I'm gonna have a backup plan lol.
                That's good to know. What major are your 80 college units and how do those translate in to semester hours?

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn3210 View Post
                  Thanks everyone. Appreciate the guidance and Information. I'm not gonna give up and will continue to keep tryingt best but I'm gonna have a backup plan lol.

You're going to need that "Back Up " plan, and it can't be in ANY form of law enforcement.
                  You've been involuntarily discharged (fired) from not one, but two different jobs.
                  You've committed theft on at least two occasions, and we haven't gotten to the ISF checks yet.

You've written multiple ISF checks. At day's end, that too, is nothing but theft.
                  You've been involved in multiple DV incidents.

As has been noted to you, DV incidents, even if no arrest is made, are often the kiss of death to many aspiring applicants. Departments take these incidents VERY seriously, and that applies whether or not you were the victim or the aggressor .

Based on your own opening post, you're simply unfit for consideration as a Peace Officer. If you're doing well at your current employment, continue to do so.

I'm not going to delve into the other "negatives". The ones listed will continue to DQ you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6016 users online. 302 members and 5714 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X