Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thumbprint

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Thumbprint

    Hello,
    The last page of the application it states that I need my thumbprint. This is my first application so this may be a stupid question but do I need to buy powder and do my own thumbprint or do I need to just put my thumbprint in the box and when the department receives my application they will use powder to lift my thumbprint?

  • #2
    Do you by chance, own a stamp pad?

    Comment


    • #3
      If I do own a stamp pad...is that what the department is looking for?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
        Do you by chance, own a stamp pad?
        If not , take a BLACK ball point pen and color your LEFT thumb (print side) from the knuckle to the tip.

        #1 Then take a plain piece of paper and put your thumb on it and press down.

        You should see the "inked" print. NOW try something different.

        #2 Put the edge of the thumb on the paper-----once on the paper roll your wrist so the thumb "rolls to the other edge of the thumb without lifting your thumb off the paper. This will produce what looks like a SQUARE print.


        Now re color your thumb with the BLACK ink and do the same thing in your box. My suggestion would be to just do the plain thumb press.


        BAZINGA ! You have just produced a finger print
        Last edited by Iowa #1603; 06-06-2014, 07:13 AM.
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

        My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Law27 View Post
          If I do own a stamp pad...is that what the department is looking for?





          OK, for homework tonight, read, re-read, and attempt to totally absorb the message contained in Post#4.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
            If not , take a BLACK ball point pen and color your LEFT thumb (print side) from the knuckle to the tip.

            #1 Then take a plain piece of paper and put your thumb on it and press down.

            You should see the "inked" print. NOW try something different.

            #2 Put the edge of the thumb on the paper-----once on the paper roll your wrist so the thumb "rolls to the other edge of the thumb without lifting your thumb off the paper. This will produce what looks like a SQUARE print.


            Now re color your thumb with the BLACK ink and do the same thing in your box. My suggestion would be to just do the plain thumb press.


            BAZINA! You have just produced a finger print
            lol, nothing beats the old school way! who cares about those new "digital thumb rolling print capture devices" god damn rookies LOL

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by KingofSix View Post
              lol, nothing beats the old school way! who cares about those new "digital thumb rolling print capture devices" god damn rookies LOL
              I was doing that with ink & fingers in elementary school.

              Last night the grandson had silly putty out ------there I was rolling my fingerprints in the putty
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

              My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Law27 View Post
                Hello,
                The last page of the application it states that I need my thumbprint. This is my first application so this may be a stupid question but do I need to buy powder and do my own thumbprint or do I need to just put my thumbprint in the box and when the department receives my application they will use powder to lift my thumbprint?
                May I suggest you call them and ask?

                And for what its worth, you don't usually use powder to "lift" prints from paper or similar surfaces. Though it would be humorous to drop 3000 applications off at the ID Lab and demand they develop and classify all the thumb prints. STAAT
                Originally posted by SSD
                It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
                Originally posted by Iowa #1603
                And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

                Comment

                MR300x250 Tablet

                Collapse

                What's Going On

                Collapse

                There are currently 6423 users online. 374 members and 6049 guests.

                Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                Welcome Ad

                Collapse
                Working...
                X