300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question on college transcripts

I attended five different colleges, so do I need to submit transcripts from all five colleges or only from the ones that I got degrees from (associates and bachelor)?

If you have read any responses in this section you will have noted that full disclosure is a major issue. In light of that fact, Tell me what you think you should do
    In God We Trust
    Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

When the background investigator starts generating your time-line, ALL educational endeavors will be VERY relevant. Having a bad semester academically won't amount to a hill of beans; an omission can amount to non-select or disqualification. Draw your own conclusion.

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

Originally posted by career31905 View Post
        I attended five different colleges, so do I need to submit transcripts from all five colleges or only from the ones that I got degrees from (associates and bachelor)?
        What does the agency specifically say?

This can be looked at several different ways and you are likely going to get several different opinions, but the bottom line is what the agency says- so ask them.

That said- if you need a degree to qualify, list and submit the transcript that supports that degree, while listing all schools attended in the applicable blocks on your paperwork.
        Originally posted by SSD
        It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
        Originally posted by Iowa #1603
        And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

Originally posted by sgt jon View Post

That said- if you need a degree to qualify, list and submit the transcript that supports that degree, while listing all schools attended in the applicable blocks on your paperwork.
          Read this response about 10 times
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

OK, do this. Thus far, and not counting this epic, you've received five very cogent replies. Please review them, and behave accordingly. Good luck in your process.

Comment

I just applied for a job where they asked for copies of all my college transcripts. This despite being a cop for more years than I want to admit. I think the Dead Sea Scrolls are newer than my college transcripts - if I can even find them.

Moral of story: keep them, all of them.
              I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
                I just applied for a job where they asked for copies of all my college transcripts. This despite being a cop for more years than I want to admit. I think the Dead Sea Scrolls are newer than my college transcripts - if I can even find them.

Moral of story: keep them, all of them.
                Have one up on you-----------------my High School went out of existence in 1990

I would have no idea how to get my high school transcripts
                Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                  Have one up on you-----------------my High School went out of existence in 1990

I would have no idea how to get my high school transcripts
                  You KNOW you are OLD when your high school dies before you do

Comment

Most (and I say "most) state/county boards of education will serve as a repository for not just operating schools, but also those that closed down.

I am aware of a few states that mandate a records retention policy for not just schools but also doctors, certain financial institutions, etc. So if the information you seek isn't available from the source, you can always try the state agency with oversight of the entity.

In Iowa's case that would be the Smithsonian since anything from his early years is protected as a historical artifact.
                    Originally posted by SSD
                    It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
                    Originally posted by Iowa #1603
                    And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

Most (and I say "most) state/county boards of education will serve as a repository for not just operating schools, but also those that closed down.

I am aware of a few states that mandate a records retention policy for not just schools but also doctors, certain financial institutions, etc. So if the information you seek isn't available from the source, you can always try the state agency with oversight of the entity.

In Iowa's case that would be the Smithsonian since anything from his early years is protected as a historical artifact.
                      In Iowa the SCHOOL is required to preserve their records----no county boards of education in Iowa.

The state Department of Education just licenses teachers and collects data.

In reality in Iowa a school doesn't "go out of existence" They merge with other districts. THAT is a state law and of course the school district that absorbed my old school district is required to keep those transcripts.

The chiseled in stone transcript in my case would probably be stored somewhere. Accessing it would be the problem

Comment

Smithsonian?!! Hell, he'll need Indiana Jones to help him.
                        I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4958 users online. 287 members and 4671 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X