300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I DQ'd

I was arrested for a felony and pleaded nolo contedere with held adjudication , ever since I joined the navy and working on my bachelors now , so I was wondering if that arrest is a automatic DQ here in florida

Originally posted by skillz01 View Post
    I was arrested for a felony and pleaded nolo contedere with held adjudication , ever since I joined the navy and working on my bachelors now , so I was wondering if that arrest is a automatic DQ here in florida

nolo contedere
    That phrase means "NO CONTEST."

In other words you don't admit to committing the offense BUT you acknowledge that the state has enough evidence to convict you of the offense.

No matter what the "adjudication" of the charge was-----you are going to be a convicted felon in the eyes of law enforcement administrators.

Please follow my google link below and read about Brady Vs Maryland

https://www.google.com/#q=brady+officer
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

As has been noted to you. In the eyes of any police agency to which you apply, you are a "convicted felon".

Comment

Stupid mistakes from when I was young . Welll that sucks

Comment

Still applies if the record was expunged ?

Comment

There is no such thing as an expunged record when dealing with a LAW ENFORCEMENT Background investigation

You WILL be asked to list any LE contacts, any ARRESTS and most likely any CONVICTIONS.
            (a nolo plea would have resulted in a conviction of some sort ----yes even if it was deferred.)

A LE Background investigator WILL find the conviction AND the expunged record when running the Complete Criminal History check-------among other areas of the investigation
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Okay thank you for your help

Comment

Short answer- YES is is a disqualifying issue.

Because of the felony, you DO NOT meet the minimum qualifications established in Florida Statutes 943.13

not have been convicted of any felony or of a misdemeanor involving perjury or false statement. Any person who, after July 1, 1981, pleads guilty or nolo contendere to, or is found guilty of a felony, or of a misdemeanor involving perjury or a false statement, shall not be eligible for employment or appointment as an officer, not-withstanding suspension of sentence or withholding of adjudication
                See: http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content/...n-officer.aspx and scroll down to paragraph 1.

Assuming this is Florida- see: http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content/...of-Eligib.aspx

and

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/content/...questions.aspx

Even if you were able to get the conviction expunged, it does not erase it nor your disqualification under FSS.
                Originally posted by SSD
                It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
                Originally posted by Iowa #1603
                And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

A felony conviction is a statutory dq, as you can no longer touch a gun. An expungment can not change this, however a certificate of relief from civil disabilities possibly could remove the automatic statutory dq. However, the agency
                  Problems with a psych exam?
                  Have an upcoming
                  PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                  you make up your mind.
                  WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                  http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

Could still hold the arrest against you- it would just remove the automatic disqualification and allow them to use their judgement. You would likely meed to contact a criminal or civil rights attorney, and meet your states requirements- and convince a judge to issue you that certificate.

Generaly, sexual, violent and repeat offenders will not be issued relief. Each state has their own rules.
                    Problems with a psych exam?
                    Have an upcoming
                    PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM that you NEED to PREPARE for?

If your Disqualified, Pressured too withdraw, Recieved a Proposed DQ or want to talk about the appeal process- check these guys out. Doesnt hurt too call them- free, detailed telepone consultation before
                    you make up your mind.
                    WWW.LAWENFORCEMENTPEPTALK.COM

Attorney Rob Kronenberg WWW.RKRONENBERGLAW.COM

Appeal Psychologist: Mark Lerner
                    http://www.crisisdoctors.com/Site/Dr._Mark_Lerner.html

Comment

No bueno for California. Sorry guy.

Any person convicted of a felony (or of a crime in another jurisdiction that would be a felony in
                      California) is prohibited from employment as a California peace officer [Government Code
                      §1029(a)]. This prohibition holds even if the conviction was sealed, expunged, or set aside. It
                      may also apply to any convictions that were subsequently reduced to a misdemeanor occurring
                      on or after January 1, 2004.
                      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Kudos for the OP not being a Richard Cranium and trying to argue the thread answers and input.
                        I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

You're a convicted felon, as a result of your plea. My colleague has done an excellent job in describing the implications of your plea to you. You're an automatic, lifetime DQ in Alabama.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7477 users online. 223 members and 7254 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X