300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiring process and working nights

I just want to see if anyone here worked nights while going through the process. Was it easy for you to get right off and go test or for an interview?

Merely a personal perspective, but that pretty much depends on the individual. I suppose at the end of the day, the question is, how badly do you want the job? There is going to be an element of sacrifice as you go through the process. If you make the cut, sacrifice is just beginning. Best of luck.

Comment

I worked nights as a paramedic while going through the hiring process. I was able to take off work the day before some parts of the hiring process, but some I did right after work (notably, the psych eval, medical, and polygraph) and still passed. If you can, I would try to take off the day before, if possible. Otherwise, get lots of sleep the day before, and don't overdo it with the caffeinated products! Being over caffeinated can make you look even more nervous than you are.

Comment

It all comes down to how bad you want it. One of our deputies worked full time as a jailer and put himself through an academy at the same time. It is a matter of adapting yourself to what you have to do. Nothing worth having comes easy.
        In God We Trust
        Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
          Merely a personal perspective, but that pretty much depends on the individual. I suppose at the end of the day, the question is, how badly do you want the job? There is going to be an element of sacrifice as you go through the process. If you make the cut, sacrifice is just beginning. Best of luck.
          Originally posted by Lady Blue View Post
          It all comes down to how bad you want it. One of our deputies worked full time as a jailer and put himself through an academy at the same time. It is a matter of adapting yourself to what you have to do. Nothing worth having comes easy.
          Read those replies two or three times...............
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

We had a guy who worked as a detention deputy full time, nights and weekends, while attending.

He did alright.

It can be done.
            "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

I worked nights through my process although only 3 days a week, 7p-7a. The only difficult part was my psych eval because I worked the night before and was at the site for the better part of the work day. Other than that the rest of the process wasn't bad at all after working all night.

Comment

Thank you all for the replies and feed back.

Comment

Well, here's another thought, just sort of off the cuff. You could be a "Conservator of the Peace" and NOT have to attend any sort of an academy.

Comment

Originally posted by philipcal View Post
                    well, here's another thought, just sort of off the cuff. You could be a "conservator of the peace" and not have to attend any sort of an academy.
                    i love it! Lol!

Comment

I had it pretty easy, I worked days and most of my hiring stuff took place at night or on weekends, save for a thing or two. But my job let me have off.

If I knew what I know now, I'd have gone and become a "Conservator of the Peace" which requires no training, apparently!!!!
                      The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                      that we are all that stands between
                      the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Not only do I know folks who worked nights, I knew folks who worked nights way far away and who make it to interviews, tests and medical exams. These were the same folks who stood next to other candidates who were not working and who had no obligations yet who complained about having to be there at 0830.

I also knew folks who made it though and went onto an academy while working a full time job at the same time. While I would advise against this, it can be and is often done.
                        Originally posted by SSD
                        It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
                        Originally posted by Iowa #1603
                        And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6048 users online. 298 members and 5750 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X