300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the final phone call

Waiting for the final (your hired!, we regret to inform you) phone call is by far worse than the BI

I've gone through all the tests and interviews and now am on edge to find out yay or nay.
    The doctor was upfront and said I passed all of the physical requirements but of course the Psychologist wasn't the same and was extremely hard to read

what's the longest anyone has had to wait for the final call?
    Last edited by rcameron81; 05-20-2014, 12:05 PM.

Keep waiting. It usually comes in the form of a letter.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Pass or fail at this point comes in the form of a phone call for this Department :/

only letters sent are when you fail a test or interview and that ends up being an email

Comment

Originally posted by rcameron81 View Post
        Pass or fail at this point comes in the form of a phone call for this Department :/

only letters sent are when you fail a test or interview and that ends up being an email

You're still waiting though, right?

Comment

Very true. Very true

Comment

Originally posted by rcameron81 View Post
            Very true. Very true

Welcome to what is arguably the most difficult aspect of the process. Good luck.

Comment

It's rare for someone to "fail" the psychological. Usually the people who would out-right fail that battery of tests are people who wouldn't pass the initial interview. Psych tests are more indicators of your personality that the psychologist gives to the department to do with as they see fit. In my department, my Chief has told me that in all of his years he's only disqualified two applicants based on their psych results. The rest, he said, had their psych exams used if they were hired as facilitating their training and assignments and such.

Good luck!

Comment

I probably wouldn't be as stressed out if one of the applicants ahead of me hadn't failed his psych. It could of been something about his tests (maybe he actually hears voices or enjoys fire lol) or just that they felt he wasn't mature enough at 22. Will never know.
                Just made me start thinking more

Comment

Any word, yet? The wait for my phone call last week was torture haha hope you're hanging in there ok!

Comment

Just found out that the "person in charge of hiring" has unexpectedly retired. I spoke with the person who has had all of the last persons work dumped on her and she said my paper work has been sent to the hiring authority at Corrections....not sure what that means now. Hoping that means I pass psych and physical and they just need to make a decision.

Oy vey!
                    Last edited by rcameron81; 05-29-2014, 06:41 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6148 users online. 327 members and 5821 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X