Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jchughes05
    replied
    Yes, I realize that the T-Box comment COULD be taken in incorrect context...

Leave a comment:

• Shush
    replied
    (deleted comment for crudeness that was much funnier in my head)

Leave a comment:

• jchughes05
    replied
    Shoot her in the T-Box

Leave a comment:

• Curly Bill
    replied
    Shoot the gun out of the daughter's hand. Make sure your bullet hits the weapon only so the suspect's hand doesn't get injured too bad. You do this so the daughter can continue the process of turning her life around, and so she can care for her 3 kids that live with her grandma.

Leave a comment:

• Dcd1988
    replied
    Thanks everyone very helpful

Leave a comment:

• Lady Blue
    replied
    Like my colleague from Iowa stated, that question was not asked to determine if you would give the RIGHT answer. It was used to determine the way you process information and how you respond to it. If you can access information quickly, make a logical and defensable decision, and effectively implement into a given situation then you can be taught how to make the CORRECT choice. If you cannot do so under the stress of an interview how much less likely are you to be able to do with lives hanging in the balance.

Leave a comment:

• sgt jon
    replied
    Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
    Questions like this are designed to see how the applicant thinks on his/her feet.

For the most part their IS no wrong answer as long as the applicant can defend his/her answer and not back down from the ensuing pressure from the board.

They are NOT "BS" questions................the integrity and work ethic part is going to be covered by a Background Investigation. I always wanted to see how the applicant reacted to stress and/or uncomfortable questions.

THAT usually gave me a good idea if the person was trainable as a LEO.
    As always, IOWA nails it. Read the above, print it out and re-read it ten thousand times.

Leave a comment:

• JonathanE
    replied
    Originally posted by BrianT View Post
    one question required me to be familiar with the reactionary gap for edged weapons to get it right. I must have done ok because I passed the board, but I think there are better ways to evaluate a candidate.
    So what exactly is the correct answer for edged weapons?

I say that because I am sure that someone will say 21 feet or something similar to that. I think training is starting to take a different look at that and say that it is potentially a deadly force situation. I think some officers were getting into the mindset that a person with an edged weapon and less than 21 feet away it was time for deadly force.

So is a person who begins advancing at 26 feet not justified while a person who simply turns at 18 feet justified? Instead of thinking along the lines of feet, think a totality of the circumstances which requires the use of deadly force.

Sorry to get all preachy.

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Originally posted by BrianT View Post
    I hate questions like this on interview boards. For anyone who's been through any type of LE Academy, this question is a no-brainer. I assume that you haven't which in my opinion makes it a BS question. I think the board's time it better spent on questions relating to integrity and work ethic.

I went through one hiring board which was almost all scenarios. Some of the questions required a working knowledge of the force continuum and 1+1; one question required me to be familiar with the reactionary gap for edged weapons to get it right. I must have done ok because I passed the board, but I think there are better ways to evaluate a candidate.
    Questions like this are designed to see how the applicant thinks on his/her feet.

For the most part their IS no wrong answer as long as the applicant can defend his/her answer and not back down from the ensuing pressure from the board.

They are NOT "BS" questions................the integrity and work ethic part is going to be covered by a Background Investigation. I always wanted to see how the applicant reacted to stress and/or uncomfortable questions.

THAT usually gave me a good idea if the person was trainable as a LEO.

Leave a comment:

• Michigan
    replied
    Originally posted by jchughes05 View Post
    Nah, I just want to go home at the end of my shift and have sex with the fiancee'.
    You're gross.

Leave a comment:

• BrianT
    replied
    Originally posted by Michigan View Post
    A no brainer question? The OP failed it.
    I meant that it's a no brainer if you've already been through some academy. I assume that the OP has not.

Leave a comment:

• jchughes05
    replied
    Shoot the kid.

Leave a comment:

• HotSoup
    replied
    I had a similar question on my board....except it was a ten year old with a gun in his hand....I can't remember the exact question but the kid wasn't pointing it just had it in his hand....my answer was that "I'd like to think I can talk a ten year old into dropping the gun before I have to shoot him". They apparently liked my answer cause I got hired LOL

Leave a comment:

• USMARINE
    replied
    Move to cover, draw and announce.

Leave a comment:

• jchughes05
    replied
    Originally posted by Michigan View Post
    You're mean.
    Nah, I just want to go home at the end of my shift and have sex with the fiancee'.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3934 users online. 247 members and 3687 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X