300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling after Interview with Chief

Hey everyone, I am new to the site and this is my first post. I have a quick question:
    I am in the hiring process with a medium sized police agency (53 officers. Considered medium around here). I just had my interview with the Chief this past Friday and was told I was 1 of 5 being considered and the interview would be used to trim down to 3 applicants. Only thing left is the background, medical and polygraph and I would be informed if I would move on or not as 1 of the 3 applicants. Throughout the process, the department has usually informed me on the next steps within 1 or two days so it's kind of weird I haven't heard yet. My question is should I give them a call tomorrow to see what my status is or maybe a timeline of when I could expect to hear from them?
    I just don't want them to think I'm not eager about getting the job and figured if I showed initiative by checking in, it would show them that I want the job. What do you all think? Check in or just wait? Thanks so much.

They will call you went they are ready.

Don't call them
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

yeah don't call them. You are 1 of 5 being considered. You may have been the first interviewed. Scheduling conflicts may mean that they haven't gotten through all 5 yet - its only been 3 business days. I understand you are super excited, but just calm down and let it run its course. Don't be "that guy".

Comment

Call them. Call them often. Email them while you're at it. You don't want them to think you're no longer interested.

Comment

One word answer: No. Expanded answer, no, don't call.

Comment

Don't call, send flowers. Chiefs love that

Comment

Shush, I was the last one interviewed but we were all interviewed on the same day. I know that has no bearing on whether to call or not though. But ok thanks for the replies everyone. I get it, I won't call...might show up to the Chiefs house to give him a hug though haha just kidding.

Comment

You aren't the only one in consideration....there are four other people that are in the running....looking over every applicants background and judging how they did in the interview will take time....if you want out of the process then I suggest calling and making a PIA of yourself.

Comment

Your profile doesn't say where you are -- but I can tell you that in the south, everything is centered around food. Someone gets married - you take food. Someone dies - you take food. So I suggest going to the chief's house with a nice casserole, maybe a baked apple pie. While he is eating dinner - mow his yard and wash his car.

You only get one chance to make a good impression....

Comment

Or to get a restraining order...
                    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                    that we are all that stands between
                    the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jchughes05 View Post
                      or to get a restraining order...
                      lol gold

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6257 users online. 311 members and 5946 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X