Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lady Blue
    Bitch With A Badge
    • Nov 2013

I agree fully. There are too many guys that have worked with a poor female officer who use that experience to stereotype us all. A poor performing male officer reflects badly on himself while the female one reflects on us all. A useless bag of doughnuts is useless regardless of gender.
    In God We Trust
    Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

• BikeCop501
      Verified LEO
      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Lady Blue
      I agree fully. There are too many guys that have worked with a poor female officer who use that experience to stereotype us all. A poor performing male officer reflects badly on himself while the female one reflects on us all. A useless bag of doughnuts is useless regardless of gender.
      I don't think doughnuts can ever be useless... they are tasty
      Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

• CptCAV
        Forum Member
        • Jun 2011

just decided im not gonna get into this one

Comment

• Lady Blue
          Bitch With A Badge
          • Nov 2013

Ivdecided long ago that Ivwoukd never eat a doughnut while in uniform. So far the doughnutvshap has not complained about me walking in naked.
          In God We Trust
          Everyone else we run local and NCIC

Comment

• Zeitgeist
            Forum Member
            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Iowa #1603
            I personally (at least the area where I work) don't know any female peace officer who has military experience.

That is different due to the fact that I DO KNOW others outside of my area who are veterans
            Yes you do, Army vet here.
            In this area I believe it's easier to get hired as a female than a male as there are much fewer female applicants.
            Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

• BikeCop501
              Verified LEO
              • Aug 2005

Ivdecided long ago that Ivwoukd never eat a doughnut while in uniform. So far the doughnutvshap has not complained about me walking in naked.
              Tell the asian lady to take pictures and send them to me.
              Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

• CityCop21
                Forum Member
                • Aug 2013

I would say its easier for anyone to get hired that has military experience in addition to whatever else they have to offer. Also, most agencies are comprised primarily of male cops so hiring a well qualified female cop helps to diversify the department, so as long as you are a good candidate I think your sex will actually help you more than hurt you.

Comment

• greats3
                  Forum Member
                  • Aug 2013

Law enforcement in general is a very difficult career to pursue mainly because of how competitive the field is. However, it's not impossible. I'm a female, never served in the military, and got hired on my first try. It just depends on the type of person you are and what the department is looking for.

Comment

• PhilipCal
                    Forum Member
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Michigan
                    Don't make excuses, just do what you have to do to win. Instead of feeling sorry for yourself, figure out where you're falling short.

To answer your question, no I haven't seen that first hand. Could it happen? Sure it does. Some of the best cops I've worked with have been female. (I'm male).

Couldn't have said it any better.

Comment

• Nathan571
                      Forum Member
                      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by BikeCop501
                      I don't think doughnuts can ever be useless... they are tasty
                      doughnuts.jpg

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19210 users online. 45 members and 19165 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...