Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like to become a officer, how is my BG

thanks everyone
    Last edited by EBitt; 11-04-2014, 08:32 PM.

If everything you posted is above board, I think you have as good a chance as anybody else. Life skills are great, and will put you above the 21 year olds applying, but it is not everything.

I say apply often, to any agency you can if you really and truly want to be in LE. Worst thing they can do is tell you no.

Comment

Apply to other depts (or not) is not going to have any bearing on a BI.

Comment

Apply, and as I usually advise applicants, test well. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by EBitt View Post
          I hold a B.S. Criminal Justice and an associates as a physical therapist assistant. ...
          That reminds me; what do you call a college graduate with an art degree? Waiter, of course.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/susanada...uire-a-degree/

You and a lot of college graduates are doing jobs that do not require a degree. You really need to take an aptitude test and see what you are good at.

Comment

I've trained myself to just scan those background posts for the buried lead, and since it wasn't there.... I think you've got a much better chance than most of the people that post that question.

Comment

Taking a civil service exam with the first dept. I'm applying to today. Kinda nervous, but hopefully I'll do well.

Comment

Originally posted by EBitt View Post
                Taking a civil service exam with the first dept. I'm applying to today. Kinda nervous, but hopefully I'll do well.
                Good luck to you.
                Forever Blue.

Comment

You should apply. You sound like a good candidate. Keep in mind that each department has their own culture and they look for a certain type of candidate.
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/military2police

Helping you transition from the military to law enforcement

Comment

I passed the civil service exam placing 5th out of 100+. Now on to the personal history statements! Also, I'm putting in two other applications. Thank you guys for your advice.

Comment

finishing the academy now
                      Last edited by EBitt; 11-04-2014, 08:33 PM. Reason: update

Comment

I see no issues in what you posted, sounds good to me.

Good luck in the rest of your process!!!
                        The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                        that we are all that stands between
                        the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2624 users online. 143 members and 2481 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X