Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applied for LEO in North Dakota. Need tips.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applied for LEO in North Dakota. Need tips.

Hello I have applied for a position in a police department in North Dakota. I hope to get an interview with the department which I hope I do. Can any of you good guys on here give me some tips on interview and the rest of the process. This town is growing a lot with all the oil and many different cultures and people coming in. I have a BS degree also.

More than likely the oral will score you on the following:

Experience – assesses your ability and experience in accepting responsibilities and performing assigned tasks as demonstrated through achievements in work, school, and other activities.

Problem Solving – assesses your reasoning skills in developing timely, logical responses to a wide variety of situations and problems.

Communication Skills – assesses your oral communications skills, which includes speaking, listening, and non-verbal communication.

Interest/Motivation – addresses your interest in and preparedness for the peace officer job. It includes an assessment of your general level of interest, initiative, and goal orientation.

Interpersonal Skills – assesses many facets, such as social knowledge/appropriateness, social insight, empathy, social influence, social self-regulation, sociability, team orientation, social self-confidence, conflict management skills, and negotiating skills.

Community Involvement/Awareness – focuses specifically on your experiences and interest in community issues, as well as your interest in and ability to fill multiple roles and serve a diverse community.

Your combined written and oral scores will be used to create a hiring list. Generally, highest score gets picked up first, next highest score gets hired next, etc.

Whether you get hired will depend on your placement on the list, how long it is good for and how many positions they expect to fill during the life of the list.

Let’s say the list is good for two years and they expect to hire 10 people from it during that period. Let’s assume you are Number 30 on the list. While you made it on the list (which is an honorable outcome) odds are you will never be reachable before the list expires and need to keep looking elsewhere, OTOH, if you are number seven on the list, odds are you will get a job offer before the list expires.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Thank you so much for the informative imformation. I just got a all about ten minutes ago , stating that I have my interview in a few weeks. Good news so far.

Comment

Lol, I've got a BS degree too ...underwater basket weaving.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9322 users online. 522 members and 8800 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X