300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview with the Sheriff

I have my interview with the Sheriff next week and was wondering if the questions are similar to the oral board but one on one? Or is it to just to get to know you? Also is it scored?

Depends. What part of the hiring process are you in? In many cases, the chief executive interview (chief/sheriff) is one of the final steps. Other times it could be another screening tool

Comment

It will depend on the Sheriff himself. It could be an informal interview, or a little more structured. In either case, it's a chance for you to sell yourself, so put your best foot forward. Good luck.

Comment

I just had my oral board last week and was called for my interview with the sheriff next week.(Top five get interviewed, Me being #5 with 2 spots) I still Have my psy and polygraph to go.

Comment

My answer assumes you have applied with a civil service agency.

Most civil service agencies work under something called the Rule of Three. They can fill a vacancy taking anyone from the top three test scores on the hiring list. (Some do the Rule of Five.) In a Rule of Three agency, if there is one vacancy they can pick anyone in ranks 1, 2 or 3. If there are five vacancies they can pick any five people from ranks 1 through 8.

The purpose of the Chief's or Sheriff's interview is to pick the candidate that seem like they are the best fit. Best fit can mean anything: that you make a good impression, possess a unique skill, sound like you possess the same philosophy as the sheriff, etc. It's sort of a crap shoot and literally depends on what is important to the chief, which will vary from department to department. There is no standard here. All you can do is go in there, be humble and make your best impression.

Should you not be picked, your name will remain on the top of the list and you will be considered again against the remaining top candidates when the next vacancy comes up. This process will continue until your are hired, the list is exhausted or the list expires, whichever comes first.
          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Thank you all

Comment

Adam where are you from? I'm in the same part of the process as you are.
              And maybe remind the few, if ill of us they speak. That we are all that stands, between the monsters and the weak.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandie23 View Post
                Adam where are you from? I'm in the same part of the process as you are.
                I'am from SW Washington

Comment

Oh Ok. Well good luck with your interview next week!
                  And maybe remind the few, if ill of us they speak. That we are all that stands, between the monsters and the weak.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandie23 View Post
                    Oh Ok. Well good luck with your interview next week!
                    Thank you. Good luck with getting you position

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4079 users online. 204 members and 3875 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X