300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your opinion...

So I received a letter in the mail today, 1.5 weeks after my oral board. It states that my final scores qualify me to be placed on an employment registr with other qualified candidates and that it will expire in six months from June of this year.

That sounds good to me, however I understood from the interview that the next step would be an interview with the chief for further processing. I have contacted the captain at the agency to get some further clarification, but it sounds to me like I got stuck somewhere between "non-select" and "next step".

Any thoughts? This is an agency in western ky.

Thank you guys.

Originally posted by jfreakman View Post
    So I received a letter in the mail today, 1.5 weeks after my oral board. It states that my final scores qualify me to be placed on an employment registr with other qualified candidates and that it will expire in six months from June of this year.
    That sounds good to me, however I understood from the interview that the next step would be an interview with the chief for further processing. I have contacted the captain at the agency to get some further clarification, but it sounds to me like I got stuck somewhere between "non-select" and "next step".

Any thoughts? This is an agency in western ky.

Thank you guys.
    I think you just answered your own question. You have been narrowed down my friend. The fat is being trimmed and the garden is being weeded. That being said... As long as your not considered the "fat" or the "weeds" then the next step is approached.
    Last edited by FiVo3; 09-08-2012, 02:36 AM. Reason: forgot the quotation mark thingys
    Ask them, Tell them, Make them.

Comment

You've essentially answered your own question. You're now on an Eligibility Register. Your place/standing on that register will largely determine whether or not you'll be called for the next phase of the hiring process.

Hopefully, you've placed highly enough on the register to merit your moving forward in the process. Good luck to you.

Comment

Thank you guys, and thank you for the wishes.

Comment

My opinion? Soft-cooked bacon is better than crispy. And I still think thick-cut maple bacon from Costco is THE BEST ever. But that is just my opinion.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by Smurfette
          Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
          Originally posted by DAL
          You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

You will get called for the chief's interview based on your position on the registry. Highest score gets called first, next highest score gets called second, etc.

You know how long the list is good for. If you call human resources and find out what your position is on the list and how many vacancies they expect to fill during the life of the list, you can get a ballpark idea as to when you might get the call.

If they are hiring 10 people in the next six months and you are number five on the list, you should be getting the call fairly soon. OTOH, if you are number 25, odds are ther list will expire before you are called and you need to keep testing elsewhere. If that's the case its not that you won't be selected. To the contrary, you made the list, which is an honorable outcome. Instead, you simply weren't reachable before the list expired.
            Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by FJDave View Post
              My opinion? Soft-cooked bacon is better than crispy. And I still think thick-cut maple bacon from Costco is THE BEST ever. But that is just my opinion.
              Soft cooked (I always called it limp-fried) is by far the better choice over crispy.

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
                You will get called for the chief's interview based on your position on the registry. Highest score gets called first, next highest score gets called second, etc.

You know how long the list is good for. If you call human resources and find out what your position is on the list and how many vacancies they expect to fill during the life of the list, you can get a ballpark idea as to when you might get the call.

If they are hiring 10 people in the next six months and you are number five on the list, you should be getting the call fairly soon. OTOH, if you are number 25, odds are ther list will expire before you are called and you need to keep testing elsewhere. If that's the case its not that you won't be selected. To the contrary, you made the list, which is an honorable outcome. Instead, you simply weren't reachable before the list expired.
                Thank you L1 that is a great explanation.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4861 users online. 296 members and 4565 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X