300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chief's Interview

So my interview with the chief was last Tuesday (August 28). We didn't really talk about much. It last maybe 10 minutes and he asked 5 or 6 questions without taking any notes. We laughed about a few minor things and he sent me one my way. Before leaving he said they were looking to hire 3 or 4 of the 7 applicants and I would know in a few weeks.

After the interview ended I told my BI that I thought the interview was short. He said that it was a good thing that it was short and he would let me know something in a week. I was the first interview, there were 3 people after me that day and 3 people the following Thursday. I am really freaking out because I want this job so badly! Should I expect to hear something soon? Thank you!

I would expect to hear something within the time stated. No more. No less.

Comment

Many agencies operate under what is called the Rule of Three. That means they can fill a vacancy with anyone in the top three positions (combined test scores) on the civil service list. If there are four vacancies and no one fails the background, medical or psych, they can select anyone from the first six people on the list. Odds are at least one of you is going to have a problem with the background, medical or psych, or will withdraw or turn the job down, so they went as far as seven for the interviews. The interview allows the Chief to get a feel for who he thinks will be the "best fit" for his department. Those who are not selected go back on the list and will be given first consideration in filling the next vacancies.

How long it will take depends on when the Chief can schedule time to interview those seven candidates. It will depend on his availability, their availability and how much time it takes him to casually contemplate who will be the best fit.

This will be your first lesson in "Hurry up and wait." Its pretty common in law enforcement. A few weeks sounds about right.
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Many times the "Chief's Interview" is nothing more than a meet and greet metting.

The Chief is trying to make a decision and wants to get to know the people he/she is contemplating hiring.............................
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Just got a conditional offer! Thank you for everything.

Comment

? One thread you stated you got the job?

Conditional offers are just that, it's based on you passing other portions of the hiring process and even then, it's not a gurantee...
            "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

The hiring process is done. I misspoke and meant to type UNconditional

Comment

Gotcha. Congrats
                "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4084 users online. 205 members and 3879 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X