300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my start date!!!

Yesterday I went in to finish up my medical and was told i'll be starting with in house training on September 12th!! I just wanted to take the time to thank everyone who answers questions on this forum, specifically Michigan and Phillipcal who took the time to answer a question I had through private messages. I've been working my butt off for 4 years to finish college,do internships, and get as much experience as I could to get this career.

A little advice to other applicants... if you work hard and understand nothing will just be handed to you you can succeed. If you go in with the attitude that you're a hotshot and you're a shoe in, you probably won't get it. I saw alot of those guys fail the backgrounds or interviews. Also if your state is like my home state of WA where the economy is in the toilet, look out of state if you truly want this career. Where I live now many departments have more openings than applicants!

Again thank you to everyone.

Originally posted by slsteiner88 View Post
    Also if your state is like my home state of WA where the economy is in the toilet, look out of state if you truly want this career. Where I live now many departments have more openings than applicants!
    This^^

Congrats to you......
    Just another squirrel, tryin' to get a nut......

Comment

Thanks for the very kind words. Best of luck to you.

Comment

A Big CONGRATULATIONS!
        Everything rises or falls on leadership. Everything.
        drjayirvin.wordpress.com

Comment

Congrats and good luck
          My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Congrats! I see your in LC, I'm about two hours from there. What agency did you get hired on with?

Comment

Originally posted by irish21 View Post
              Congrats! I see your in LC, I'm about two hours from there. What agency did you get hired on with?
              Hey Irish I believe I actually talked to you before. I got on with Carlsbad PD in SE New Mexico.

Comment

Oh yeah that's right. I've heard plenty of good things about Carlsbad PD so I'm sure you'll enjoy it! Congrats again!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4942 users online. 307 members and 4635 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X