Ad JS

Collapse

Leaderboard

Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How are serious felony offenses that occurred as youth viewed?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    To answer the OP-in ca if you ever committed a felony-you'll never get a job as a Leo. Had a buddy who graduated with me just fail out of bgi because of a felony when he was 14

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by sgt jon View Post
      The genesis behind absolving someone of “youthful indiscretions” is to forgive minor misconduct; not as you put it “serious felony offenses”. Even if the statute of limitations has passed; which varies widely, you are still looking at major, if not insurmountable obstacles.
      Appreciate the insightful information, it is much more helpful than the heckling from the peanut gallery. It's very disappointing that the offense I committed (to which I am purposefully being evasive as this is a non-anonymous and very public forum) as a child would have such serious ramifications but it is understandable. When/if I have children of my own, I hope to be more involved in their lives to prevent them from making the same mistakes.

      Even if I cannot be a LEO, I still plan on serving in some type of public service capacity for the betterment of the people. This may be beyond the scope of the forum, but does anyone know if I would encounter the same obstacles for careers in the military, intelligence community, or as a criminal prosecutor?

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Song0330 View Post
        Appreciate the insightful information, it is much more helpful than the heckling from the peanut gallery. It's very disappointing that the offense I committed (to which I am purposefully being evasive as this is a non-anonymous and very public forum) as a child would have such serious ramifications but it is understandable. When/if I have children of my own, I hope to be more involved in their lives to prevent them from making the same mistakes.

        Even if I cannot be a LEO, I still plan on serving in some type of public service capacity for the betterment of the people. This may be beyond the scope of the forum, but does anyone know if I would encounter the same obstacles for careers in the military, intelligence community, or as a criminal prosecutor?
        Yes to all of those, depending on exactly what it was you did.
        The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

        "Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

        "We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

        Comment


        • #19
          No. That is the answer to both your first question and the other question you just posted. Now for the heckling that you don't want....but can't do anything about because, well, you deserve it (see, you don't dictate how we respond to you): Practice the following phrase - it will serve you well in your future endeavors...."Would you like fries with that?"
          sigpic
          Originally posted by Smurfette
          Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
          Originally posted by DAL
          You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Song0330 View Post
            Appreciate the insightful information, it is much more helpful than the heckling from the peanut gallery. It's very disappointing that the offense I committed (to which I am purposefully being evasive as this is a non-anonymous and very public forum) as a child would have such serious ramifications but it is understandable. When/if I have children of my own, I hope to be more involved in their lives to prevent them from making the same mistakes.

            Even if I cannot be a LEO, I still plan on serving in some type of public service capacity for the betterment of the people. This may be beyond the scope of the forum, but does anyone know if I would encounter the same obstacles for careers in the military, intelligence community, or as a criminal prosecutor?
            Hey Junior, do I detect another dissatisfied poster? One who got his little panties in a wad because the forum told him the truth?. What was the score of the last ball game you played in, or did they keep score?. Each reply which you received was the 100% odds on truth. That's the only entitlement you have here, and you got it. So, if you desire to continue acting like a little tard who grew up in Hillary's Village, be prepared to be treated like one. ALL the replies you received were insightful. Apparently, you haven't attained the level of maturity which would enable you to see that. Recall please, that YOU came to us, not the other way around. Recall too, that we did not create your situation, YOU did. Deal with that.

            Comment


            • #21
              How do I put this tactfully, you're toast. And I pray that you actually invest yourself in, if, you have kids. Hoping you'll be involved already sounds like a duck out and excuses starting already. I know that when I have a family I will be involved and raise them to avoid a life of crime and be productive members of society (along with making sure they never want to be a cop.)

              Best of luck to you in whatever path you choose.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                Hey Junior, do I detect another dissatisfied poster? One who got his little panties in a wad because the forum told him the truth?. What was the score of the last ball game you played in, or did they keep score?. Each reply which you received was the 100% odds on truth. That's the only entitlement you have here, and you got it. So, if you desire to continue acting like a little tard who grew up in Hillary's Village, be prepared to be treated like one. ALL the replies you received were insightful. Apparently, you haven't attained the level of maturity which would enable you to see that. Recall please, that YOU came to us, not the other way around. Recall too, that we did not create your situation, YOU did. Deal with that.
                Wow, I think there is a misunderstanding here. I wasn't referring to all the other posters, just the one who contributed nothing to this thread besides a silly ancedote, and the other who told me I was better off working in the fast food industry. I understand you probably encounter many people in the field and on the forums who don't appreciate your input when it's something they do not want to hear - this is not the case here. As you can see from my post you quoted I am already moving on with my life due to the responses received, not "acting like a little tard who grew up in Hillary's Village". Sorry for the misunderstanding - your original reply was appreciated as well.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by mookster View Post
                  Hoping you'll be involved already sounds like a duck out and excuses starting already. I know that when I have a family I will be involved and raise them to avoid a life of crime and be productive members of society (along with making sure they never want to be a cop.)

                  Best of luck to you in whatever path you choose.
                  I apologize, that was a bad choice of words on my part. I did mean to say that I WILL be involved in the raising of my offspring. Parents who do not involve themselves (or incorrectly involves themselves) in the raising on their children often force their children to learn life lessons the hard way and pay the consequences, as in my case. We all wish the best for the next generation. I appreciate you calling that out.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    To address one of your earlier questions regarding being an attorney. You're toast there also. I sometimes wonder what the general public really think of cops in the sense that they apply the civilian "Oh, he was young, made a mistake, can't we all get along" crap from non LEO jobs to this profession. As an admitted felon, you are done in law enforcement.....period. Every kid gets a trophy does not work in police work.
                    T.K.
                    http://tonykoester.blogspot.com/

                    "Nothing can destroy a government more quickly than its failure to observe its own laws, or worse, its disregard of the charter of its own existence" (Mr. Justice Stewart, Elkins v. United States 364 U.S. 206 (1960)

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    MR300x250 Tablet

                    Collapse

                    What's Going On

                    Collapse

                    There are currently 11518 users online. 437 members and 11081 guests.

                    Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                    Welcome Ad

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X