Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exactly what do they look for in background checks?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exactly what do they look for in background checks?

Just wondering. I know the obvious is probably arrest records and see if they actually completed school and what not but what else? I have a notice of examination for a test I passed and was trying to figure out how exactly do you prove that or how its determined? Its for a peace officer/special patrolman job oppurtunity.

A Background Investigations seeks to do two things, basically. One: To determine whether or not an applicant meets the minimum hiring requirements for the agency. Two: To determine whether or not a given applicant meets a department's criteria for disqualification. It is the second function of the investigation which is involves far more detail, and entails a thorough and comprehensive investigation. The investigator will look at arrest records, both criminal and traffic. He/she will look at any juvenile adjudications, and the facts and circumstances surrounding any arrests/charges. Keep in mind that records which have been expunged, sealed, or set aside are routinely accessed by Background Investigators. The investigator will interview, or otherwise contact any references you may provide, and more often than not, he/she will speak to people who you have not listed as references. The investigation will take a look at high school and college records and transcripts. It will look into your credit, and the manner in which you handle your debts and obligations. As you can tell, and as I advised you at the outset, it's a pretty comprehensive investigation. It has to be.

Comment

Most agencies look for everytrhing outlined here http://lib.post.ca.gov/Publications/bi.pdf
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7801 users online. 396 members and 7405 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X