Work history-small "hiccup"?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work history-small "hiccup"?

Hello, eveyone. I've got a question about my work history that I hope someone can help me with.

Shortly after high school I got a job with a modular home manufacturer. They provided me absolutely no training and the people there weren't very friendly or helpful, so after just a few days I didn't go back.

I've only had two other jobs, one during and for a few years after high school at a local grocery store and my present employer, where I've been for the past 12 years.

My question is, how should I go about divulging this information? In all honesty I can't even remember exactly what year it was (either '98 or '99), let alone the dates or what I was paid. The company went out of business a number of years ago, so I can't contact them to find out for sure.

I realize it was a stupid, immature mistake I made and I'm not afraid to admit to that, but I definitely don't want to leave it out and have any prospective department find it without me mentioning it first. Thanks for any help.

Dan

Not to worry..................12 yrs of good work history probably canceled out that small woops

If you really need to know the year...............contact your Social Security office and they can provide you with a print out of your employers by year.......

Full disclosure and move on

Comment

^^ +1 .
      Certified troll.

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply. I'll do that this week.

I'm not worried about the mistake, just about looking like I'm lying for leaving it out.

Comment

Dan, the simple truth almost always works the best. Take my colleague's advice concerning contacting Social Security for your work history. BTW, that history isn't all that bad. As has been noted to you, the solid twelve years with your current employer should more than offset that deal with the modular home firm. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan208 View Post
            Shortly after high school I got a job with a modular home manufacturer. They provided me absolutely no training and the people there weren't very friendly or helpful, so after just a few days I didn't go back. Dan
            In January of 2011 I retired after 27 yrs at one employer. I started working for an armored car company............................I lasted 9 working days and told them to shove it (I really did)

I think my 27 yrs at one job and 5 yrs at another kind of shows the kind of employee I am

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5529 users online. 206 members and 5323 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
            X