Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm THIS close to finishing the application process!!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm THIS close to finishing the application process!!

Hello everyone-- I registered just to ask this

I really did search but I did not find the answer to my question.
    I am currently in the application process for Maryland State Trooper- I have done everything- Medical is done, Psychological is done, Background (supposedly) is done.
    My question is: Just how long does it take to hear from them??? It's been a long time. Do they at least tell you if they DON'T pick you?

The waiting is driving me mad and I know that calling them to check is extremely bad so I can't do that. Hence, here I am, lol

Thanks in advance for any advice you have- one thing I have noticed from lurking these boards is that everyone here is very knowledgeable and helpful
    Last edited by Master Dahark; 05-22-2012, 09:14 AM.

Originally posted by Master Dahark View Post
    My question is: Just how long does it take to hear from them???
    It depends

It's been a long time. Do they at least tell you if they DON'T pick you?
    It depends

The waiting is driving me mad and I know that calling them to check is extremely bad so I can't do that. Hence, here I am, lol
    Good luck

Comment

Hello everyone-- I registered just to ask this

I really did search but I did not find the answer to my question.
      I am currently in the application process for Maryland State Trooper- I have done everything- Medical is done, Psychological is done, Background (supposedly) is done.
      My question is: Just how long does it take to hear from them??? It's been a long time. Do they at least tell you if they DON'T pick you?

Thanks in advance for any advice you have- one thing I have noticed from lurking these boards is that everyone here is very knowledgeable and helpful
      You say everything, so I assume you have take the PT test and poly as well?

If you have been lurking, you will also see there is a MSP thread going on. Process time can be extensive and sometimes they are known to call promptly before the academy for a job offer, or to decline the job.
      "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Sorry I should have specified more- I've done everything in the process- absolutely everything. The step I'm currently on is the last one (which is out of my hands) where my paperwork is looked at by the Police Selection Committee.
        I did see the thread about the State Police, but I was hoping to talk to someone on here that's been through it.

Actually, here's another question:
        back when I went for my Oral Interview, it went fine but I did not get a score! I still continued on in the process like normal but that's the one detail I notice that's different from everyone else on the board.

Anyway, all I can do is wait I suppose
        Last edited by Master Dahark; 04-24-2012, 07:40 AM.

Comment

You wait, you wait, and then you wait some more. That's simply a fact of life in a hiring process. None of us here can give you a totally accurate figure as to how long you'll wait. It's possible MSP really doesn't know either. Many states are currently undergoing large and very significant budget cuts. Is Maryland one of them? I don't know. I do know that Alabama is currently in a significant budget shortfall, and no new Trooper Recruits will be hired this year.Hopefully, that rather sobering news won't apply to you, but be prepared for the possibility. Oral Board: Many of these are scored to give an applicant an overall "weighted average", many are Pass/Fail. Sounds like you passed yours. Had you not, you'd no longer be in the process. Good luck.

Comment

Alright!! I just got 'the good email' I've been waiting for!
            'your application packet has been presented to our Police Selection Committee Board. You have been branded as 2-BETTER, which is a hirable category.'

According to everywhere Ive looked, this is pretty much the final hurdle. Am I correct in assuming that this means 'I'm good to go- they just need to make decide which class to put me in, if there's room, etc'? That's what it sounds like....
            Last edited by Master Dahark; 05-22-2012, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Sounds like good news, but you're going to wait just a little more. Again, there are budget considerations. That would involve the number of academy classes the MSP could run this year. It might be possible for you to run a little discreet research. Is Maryland in a hiring freeze? What's the tax revenue outlook? Has the Legislature passed a General Fund Budget? Does the MSP operate under the General Fund, or is it funded in another manner? Look into those possibilities(discreetly) and you might get some insight into where you presently stand. All of that said, I hope you get your "orders" soon. Good luck.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8563 users online. 410 members and 8153 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
              X