Listing Future Jobs on Resume

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listing Future Jobs on Resume

I have accepted a temporary/seasonal LE position with a federal agency with a start date the first week of May. Should I list this position on my resume now as I apply for permanent positions with this agency? Or should I wait till I actually start the position?

It is something you want them to know, but in my opinion it doesn't belong on a resume. Somewhere else, such as an application, letter of introduction, or the oral section of the testing. There is always a
    section on an app where they provide space for anything that you want them to know that wasn't specifically asked.
    Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

Comment

In most cases your resume should chronologically list positions occupied and held. Since you don’t yet work there I would not list it.
      Originally posted by SSD
      It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
      Originally posted by Iowa #1603
      And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

Agreed. Don't list it until you've actually worked, or are working the job.

Comment

Yep...................you have absolutley know idea if you actually will ever work the job.......until you have.

If you read the stories about people "promised" or "accepted for" a position who never actually got the job.......you would understand

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9940 users online. 391 members and 9549 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
          X