300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Input for second Chief's interview?

Just a quick bit of information about my hiring process. This department is sending a few applicants to an April police academy.

I've completed the following:

Written test
    Physical fitness test
    Civil service interview (at which point I was sent a letter stating I was #2 on their eligibilty list)
    Background check/interview (In which I was told applicant #1 failed out and I was now #1)
    Polygraph
    Chief's interview (captains were there as well)
    Psych exam
    Medical physical

I was contacted today about setting up another interview with the chief, but this would be one on one. At this point in the process, could this possibly be the job offer and nothing more, or possibly another interrogation type interview? This is the first year the chief is running this type of hiring process so no one else really knows what's going on.

If anyone has ever been through this type of process and knows about what to expect, any input would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

Based on your post, you're #1 on the Eligible Register. Please understand that I cannot definitively say precisely what will take place. That's up to the Chief. It could be a job offer, or merely an opportunity for the Chief to determine if you're a good fit for the department. Be prepared for either eventuality, good luck.

Comment

Thanks PhilipCal, I spent about an hour in the interview room with the chief and 3 captains about a week ago. They made the decision to send me to the next steps, which is what has me wondering why he wants to talk again after such a short time. Guess I'll stick with what has gotten me this far and hope for the best. lol

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
        Based on your post, you're #1 on the Eligible Register. Please understand that I cannot definitively say precisely what will take place. That's up to the Chief. It could be a job offer, or merely an opportunity for the Chief to determine if you're a good fit for the department. Be prepared for either eventuality, good luck.
        +1 That is your answer
        My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

(F*** Off Cuz Ur Stupid)

Comment

I"ve been to a few chief's interviews and can say that in the ones i have done, that there were the easiest. The three i did were really just laid back conversations. In all three, it consisted of mostly the chief telling me about he dept. and about what he expects from his officers. In all of them, by the time i made it that far I was on the short list of candidates for the job. Actually, two of those places eventually called me with job offers, but by that time I was already working somewhere else. Generally, Police Chiefs have a lot on their plates. They are busy people and aren't going to waste time on people they have no interest in hiring.

Go in and talk to the chief man to man. At this stage of the game, they generally won't BS you.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinCW View Post
            I"ve been to a few chief's interviews and can say that in the ones i have done, that there were the easiest. The three i did were really just laid back conversations. In all three, it consisted of mostly the chief telling me about he dept. and about what he expects from his officers. In all of them, by the time i made it that far I was on the short list of candidates for the job. Actually, two of those places eventually called me with job offers, but by that time I was already working somewhere else. Generally, Police Chiefs have a lot on their plates. They are busy people and aren't going to waste time on people they have no interest in hiring.

Go in and talk to the chief man to man. At this stage of the game, they generally won't BS you.
            The first chief's interview included the 3 captains and it was a pretty tough interview. I wasn't really sure how I did, but he told the officer dealing with my application that he wanted more people just like me. With the second interview I showed up wearing dress pants, shirt, and tie. He apologized for not telling me it was casual wear. It consisted of us just sitting and having a casual conversation with him telling me about his self and the department. He asked if I had any questions and if I agreed with what he told me. I told him no questions and that I agreed. He then offered me a job. Best part of the process.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9571 users online. 451 members and 9120 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X