300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chief's Interview

I had an Oral interview 2 months ago at a small agency in Northern California, I also had submitted my Background Package as well. I have an interview with the Chief next week, and I have not even had the Poly, Psych and Medical yet. Well you give me some insight and advice about what type of questions I will encounter?.

Sorry but it depends.

Every agency does things differently.

If you have already had a panel interview most likely the Chief's interview will be more of a meet and greet.

Many times the CEO wants to put eyes/hands on the potential employee just to get a feel for the person before expending a bunch of money on the rest of the process.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
      Sorry but it depends.

Every agency does things differently.

If you have already had a panel interview most likely the Chief's interview will be more of a meet and greet.

Many times the CEO wants to put eyes/hands on the potential employee just to get a feel for the person before expending a bunch of money on the rest of the process.
      Agree totally.

Comment

The reason you haven't taken the psych or medical is because of the way things are handled in California. When you meet the Chief, he will gauge how he likes you and if he believes you're a fit. If he approves, he will give you what is called a Conditional Offer of Employment. The offer is conditional based on you passing those 2 things. If you fail, the offer is withdrawn.

I just had my Chief's oral last week and I now have my psych and medical scheduled. PM with what agency you are in the process for. I'm originally from NorCal but have been living in SoCal for a few years now.

Comment

Most California agencies work under something called the Rule of Three. They can fill a vacancy taking anyone from the top three test scores on the hiring list. If there is one vacancy they can pick anyone in ranks 1, 2 or 3. If there are five vacancies they can pick any five people from ranks 1 through 8.

The purpose of the Chief's interview is to pick those candidates that seem like they are the best fit. Best fit can mean anything: that you make a good impression, possess a unique skill, or sound like you possess the same philosophy as the chief. It's sort of a crap shoot and literally depends on what is important to the chief, which will vary from department to department. All you can do is go in there and make your best impression.

Should you not be picked, your name will remain on the top of the list and you will be considered again against the remaining top candidates when the next vacancy comes up. This process will continue until your are hired, the list is exhausted or the list expires, whichever comes first.
          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4467 users online. 230 members and 4237 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X