300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BI financial question

I have a question regarding the background investigation process regarding financial history. Do they actually pull bank account statements from checking accounts and observe all transactions for a period of time? I was discussing this with a friend and we both speculated this would take a great deal of time and wasn't practical.
    Last edited by adamkelsch2; 08-02-2011, 10:42 PM.

I don't think it is "standard". If they had a reason to they might.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

It's going to depend on the job you are applying for.

Regular police officer or deputy sheriff job - probably not. However, jobs where there is a great exposure to narcotics, large amounts of cash or a tremendous potential for bribery or theft may involve a detailed examination of your financials. A friend recently applied for a Special Agent position with the California Department of Justice. A significant part of their operation involves major narcotics investigations. As part of his background they did a forensic financial background on him that went back many years and made him account for every penny of income.
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
        It's going to depend on the job you are applying for.

Regular police officer or deputy sheriff job - probably not. However, jobs where there is a great exposure to narcotics, large amounts of cash or a tremendous potential for bribery or theft may involve a detailed examination of your financials. A friend recently applied for a Special Agent position with the California Department of Justice. A significant part of their operation involves major narcotics investigations. As part of his background they did a forensic financial background on him that went back many years and made him account for every penny of income.
        Interesting... Thank you for your insight! That is kind of what I speculated, but it never hurts to ask someone that has more knowledge of the process.

Comment

what about for things such as student loans? for the Chicago PD they ask about student loans and what your monthly payment is. what if your loans are not in good standing because you haven't been making payments. will this be counted against you?

Comment

Originally posted by MGH View Post
            what about for things such as student loans? for the Chicago PD they ask about student loans and what your monthly payment is. what if your loans are not in good standing because you haven't been making payments. will this be counted against you?
            It will depend on why you are behind in your payments. The basic issue is, are you a responsible and dependable person who demonstrates integrity when dealing with your debts?

Go here http://lib.post.ca.gov/Publications/bi.pdf and start reading at Page 149. While this is the California standard for Financial History DQ, the principles are fairly universal for most states.
            Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
              It will depend on why you are behind in your payments. The basic issue is, are you a responsible and dependable person who demonstrates integrity when dealing with your debts?

Go here http://lib.post.ca.gov/Publications/bi.pdf and start reading at Page 149. While this is the California standard for Financial History DQ, the principles are fairly universal for most states.
              thanks!
              Last edited by MGH; 08-12-2011, 05:30 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12009 users online. 493 members and 11516 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X