Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Written Test results question

Guys,

I just passed my written and physical test for a small PD. However, I am not happy with the passing score. I scored 78% and the passing score was 70%. So, I am pretty bummed with that.

According to the instructor, 40 to 50% of the applicants (90 people) would fail the written, another 15% the physical and at the end of written & physical, there would be 25-35 people left to move on to the oral.

The reason I am pretty bummed is; odds are very good, and I blew the written test. How much will my score effect me during the hiring process?

Thank you.
    Last edited by musclefan21; 06-04-2011, 03:09 PM.
    "Get a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life"

You never really know.

In some processes a pass is a pass. In others they will take the score, add it to the scores of the PT and interview then rank according to total scores............so it would depend on the process you are going through.

A 78% will probably be a problem. Most likely you will be competing with high 90's scores.

I would probably start studying for the next test.........................don't give up.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
      You never really know.

In some processes a pass is a pass. In others they will take the score, add it to the scores of the PT and interview then rank according to total scores............so it would depend on the process you are going through.

A 78% will probably be a problem. Most likely you will be competing with high 90's scores.

I would probably start studying for the next test.........................don't give up.
      Thank you. I feel the same way. Although, 5 guys who were in line with me to register with Physical agility test after the written test had scores in the 70s as well. Whoever scored in the 80s and 90s have a pretty darn good chance... if they passed the physical.

Last time I took the CPS test, I failed, second time 78%, I hope next time it will be in the 80s or 90s!!
      "Get a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life"

Comment

Must be a biatch of a test!
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

There are guys in my academy that made in the 70's and 226 took the test (with 23 selected). We were ranked according to the test score and the agility test was pass/fail. My Dept used a lottery drawing to settle tie breakers.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6146 users online. 340 members and 5806 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X