300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You Notes for LE interviews

According to many career counselors, HR depts, and career experts, writing a thank you note after an interview is starting to become the norm. Although thank you notes are mainly geared towards private sector jobs, could it be done for a law enforcement type job?

Are there any officers on here that handle recruiting/interviewing? If so, did you ever receive a thank you note from an applicant after an interview? Did the note have an impact on the applicant's application?

Most of the time interviews are scored within minutes of the end of the interview.

A thank you note, while a nice touch, would have virtually no impact on any hiring process.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

In a manner of speaking, you answered your own question. You did this referring to the private sector. There are worlds of difference between the private sector and any type of government employment. As my colleague correctly noted, interviews/oral boards are a part of the hiring process.Often, they are weighted, and become part of a candidate's final score. This score is used to determine a candidate's overall standing on an eligibility register. A "Thank you note" is neither required or desired. This is especially true of Civil Service hiring processes which are highly structured, and very impersonal.

Comment

In all the years that I was involved in hiring the few thank you notes I got were tossed in the trash. The only impression they left on me was negative. Sending notes suggested that either the applicant hadn't made any effort to learn about how the civil service hiring process worked, or was simply a kiss a**.
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
          Most of the time interviews are scored within minutes of the end of the interview.

A thank you note, while a nice touch, would have virtually no impact on any hiring process.
          Exactly. The notes have no bearing and are simply tossed in the trash.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4885 users online. 294 members and 4591 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X