300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving Record

Hi everyone, I have a quick question about my driving record.

From what I can tell it shouldn't be a problem. It will be at least two more years before I apply for a law enforcement job but, just thought I'd ask.

About three and half years ago, I had a wreck in a company pickup. I turned left in front of a lady and had a head on collision with her also involving another vehicle. It totaled the pickup I was driving along with the lady's Lincoln. I was issued a failure to yield ticket and the trooper told me that if I was to take a letter from the insurance company to the DA's office that the ticket might be dismissed. So that is what I did and the ticket was dismissed.

Second around three years ago, I got a expired inspection ticket on a rental truck the company had. Took copy of current inspection to DA's office a day later and the ticket was dismissed.

Third and final about two weeks ago, I had a small fender bender with a lady. It happened while I was trying to squeeze past her in the turning lane with one of our tractor trailers. Very small scratch put on her car and no damage to the truck I was driving. City Officer, me, the other lady and I agreed that there was little to no damage to ethier vehicle and no ticket was issued only a accident report.

So I guess my question would be, is my driving record all that bad?

Also I know my grammar sucks. So please point out any mistakes I made. I'm trying to get better at it.
    Last edited by GPC; 05-29-2011, 10:28 PM. Reason: Went back and fixed mistakes
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
    (")_(")
    Copy and paste Bunny into your
    signature to help him gain world domination

Originally posted by GPC View Post
    Hi everyone, I have a quick question about my driving record.

From what I can tell it shouldn't be a problem. It will be at least two more years before I apply for a law enforcement job but, just thought I'd ask.

About three and half years ago, I had a wreck in a company pickup. I turned left in front of a lady and had a head on collision with her also involving another vehicle. It totaled the pickup I was driving along with the lady's Lincoln. I was issued a failure to yield ticket and the trooper told me that if I was to take a letter from the insurance company to the DA's office that the ticket might be dismissed. So that is what I did and the ticket was dismissed.

Second around three years ago, I got a expired inspection ticket on a rental truck the company had. Took copy of current inspection to DA's office a day later and the ticket was dismissed.

Third and final about two weeks ago, I had a small fender bender with a lady. It happened while I was trying to squeeze past her in the turning lane with one of our tractor trailers. Very small scratch put on her car and no damage to the truck I was driving. City Officer, the other lady and I agreed that there was little to no damage to either vehicle and no ticket was issued, only a accident report.

So I guess my question would be, is my driving record all that bad?

Also I know my grammar sucks. It is absolutely atrocious. Did you even go to school? You want to be an Officer and represent a department and and you can't even use spell-check online??? What about when you have to hand-write a report, you will look like a fool and the department will also for hiring you. So please point out any mistakes I made. I'm trying to get better at it.
    You seem to have some judgement issues along with not taking responsibility for the equipment under your supervision. It's ok though, the department cruiser your operating only had minor scratches on it. The watch commander won't mind...don't worry about it
    Last edited by Buffaloboy; 05-27-2011, 11:44 PM.
    Ignore List : Bearcat357, Blackavar

Comment

While I don't necessarily see any "killers" in your driving record, it still needs considerable improvement. Obviously, you were at fault in the first accident you mentioned. (Poor judgment). The inspection sticker probably isn't going to be a big deal, but you were responsible in so far as you were driving the vehicle. Your most recent accident, once more, poor judgment. You also need to understand that an agency will be interested, perhaps more interested, in what a citation was issued for than in the final disposition.

Comment

Thank you both for your answers to my question.

Buffaloboy, thank you for pointing out my grammar and spelling mistakes. I will try and get better at it.

PhilipCal, I could see why a agency would be more interested in why I got the ticket, than how I got out of paying for it.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
        (")_(")
        Copy and paste Bunny into your
        signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2897 users online. 184 members and 2713 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X