Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College major question

Hello,

Well I have switched major's several times first it was computer science, then I thought about going into law enforcement so I switched to Criminal justice. Now I found my love Geophysics (Volcanology etc etc)
    but I still would really like to be a LEO. So I thought about maybe trying to get with the US Forest service or the park service. so maybe someday I could work in Hawaii, or Yellowstone etc etc.

So here is my question If I get the geophysics degree how will that look compared to a CJ degree for going into Law enforcement? I don't know any people who go Geophysics and then go into LE. I read that USFS and the Park service want people with natural science degrees I am just curious how Geophysics fits in there.

I know with the geophysics degree I could make more money being a scientist or whatever and I have thought about doing that. but I really want to work LE in some of the great national parks or at least near them.

Thanks for any info

I know a cop who has a meteorology degree...................the degree type really doesn't matter---the degree does

Geophysics would be a Natural Science degree
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Get your Geophysics degree and minor in Cj. You may not really go wrong there.... Yes the degree doesn't matter too much..

Comment

A similiar question is asked every week. No one cares what your degree is in. A lot of posters suggest a degree in any field but CJ in order to make yourself marketable in case you don't get hired as an LEO or to have as a backup plan in case you are an out of work LEO. I think parks, forests or the BLM would look favorably on a geophysics degree.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3002 users online. 153 members and 2849 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X