300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need to be BIG?

Hello. My "dream" is to become a LEO. Im currently attending a University in the state of GA. I know GA allows for P.O.S.T Training at the age of 18. After much thought, I have decided to finish my 4 year degree in Justice Studies (criminal justice major). When I grad, I will be 21 years of age. I then plan to apply to a local academy. Once I am approved through P.O.S.T I would start the 3 month course at the academy.
    Once I grad the academy and with my 4 year degree I will be looking for a job. Being so young (22 years of age), will that effect me getting hired?

And do I need to be a huge swole guy? I know it seems idel cause I want to be an officer, the bigger is usually better. Does not being HUGE affect my chances and being an officer. Im currently 5'10 and 135 lbs.

Just requesting solid advice.
    Thanks for your time.

you don't need to be big, just be able to pass the PAT

don't take criminal justice as a major. its nearly useless for a police career, and completely useless if you don't wind up becoming a police officer

Comment

Yes, every officer in my department is 7'2" and 250. Arms like tree trunks! We're Bobby BadA!

Heh. Just kidding man. It isn't how big you are. It's about intelligence. It couldn't hurt to come up from 135 a bit but it isn't a killer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Peebody View Post
        you don't need to be big, just be able to pass the PATdon't take criminal justice as a major. its nearly useless for a police career, and completely useless if you don't wind up becoming a police officer
        You also need to have a basic grasp of grammer and spelling
        The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

If you're male, then yes, you have to be big. I think the smallest penis size allowed is 8 inches (soft).

Comment

It aint the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Comment

Originally posted by jakflak View Post
              It aint the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
              True but...at 135 most perps are going to throw you around like a wet noodle in a hand on situation...
              Ignore List : Bearcat357, Blackavar

Comment

I was 6'0 and 135lbs when I graduated H.S. and then started working out some. I finally hit 190 after alot of weight training and eating right. IMO you'd want to put on some weight/size if you want to be a police officer. The bigger you are (muscle wise) the more the bad guy might re-think what he wants to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
                  If you're male, then yes, you have to be big. I think the smallest penis size allowed is 8 inches (soft).

Seriously? You let guys that small in your department? We have the 1 foot rule which is standard here in the "Souf"!

Comment

Originally posted by Buffaloboy View Post
                    True but...at 135 most perps are going to throw you around like a wet noodle in a hand on situation...
                    I respectfully disagree. I've fought guys literally twice my size before; I don't use my strength against them. I use theirs. My uniform stays clean that way.

Comment

Originally posted by josephcook78 View Post
                      The bigger you are (muscle wise) the more the bad guy might re-think what he wants to do.
                      Or they may just try to see how much you can really bring it...Especially when drunk.

x2 on the worthless Criminal Justice degree comment.

Comment

Originally posted by BigW View Post
                        Seriously? You let guys that small in your department? We have the 1 foot rule which is standard here in the "Souf"!
                        Our population is mostly white.

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                          You also need to have a basic grasp of grammer and spelling
                          Yeah, we are kinda big on irony around here....
                          sigpic
                          Originally posted by Smurfette
                          Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                          Originally posted by DAL
                          You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by FJDave View Post
                            Yeah, we are kinda big on irony around here....
                            I just re-read that......CURSE YOU computer for the lack of auto-spell check!....
                            The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by bigw View Post
                              seriously? You let guys that small in your department? We have the 1 foot rule which is standard here in the "souf"!
                              you told me you deleted those photos!!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6395 users online. 342 members and 6053 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X