300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont know what to think

So I applied to a force, made it through the whole process (poly, pyshc, background....) didnt get hired due to buget issues(as with many places), was told the hiring list expired and would have to reapply, now 3 months later get an email out of the blue from my background investigator asking me how I was and if there are any new developments on my end (two short sentences and that was it).

How do I reply to something like this. Are they wondering if im hired by another department or if I aquired some kinda of skill or something over the last 3 months. Or do some departments just keep in contact with old applicants for a reason?

I have never experienced something like this and i've applied to a few forces. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated, just trying to understand why they would contact me.

Thanks
    Last edited by noname3; 05-15-2011, 08:07 PM.

Originally posted by noname3 View Post
    So I applied to a force, made it through the whole process (poly, pyshc, background....) didnt get hired due to buget issues(as with many places), was told the hiring list expired and would have to reapply, now 3 months later get an email out of the blue from my background investigator asking me how I was and if there are any new devolopments on my end (two short sentences and that was it).

How do I reply to something like this. Are they wondering if im hired by another department or if I aquired some kinda of skill or something over the last 3 months. Or do some departments just keep in contact with old applicants for a reason?

I have never experienced something like this and i've applied to a few forces. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated, just trying to understand why they would contact me.

Thanks
    lol @ "forces".

Whatever you do, have someone else write your reply. They won't be returning your email if your response is written anything like your post.

-Good luck.

Comment

They've already invested the time and money into putting you through the hiring process.

They may be expecting some openings soon.

His question serves the following purposes:

- Have you obtained gainful employment elsewhere which would preclude/disaude you from continuing the process with his department?

- And, has anything occurred since the BI which would now pose a problem? (i.e. - if I have to spell it out for you - have you been arrested, received tickets, had your credit go to ****, or has anything else changed since the BI was completed.

Yes, you may have to take the test all over again, but they can still just do a refresher on the BI (as opposed to doing a "from-scratch" BI on a different candidate).

Come on, man, this ain't rocket science.

-V

Comment

Force...that term bothers me.

Always spoken by some has not half twit and gets under my skin. Force...come on.

Comment

1. asking me how I was
          2. and if there are any new devolopments on my end (two short sentences and that was it).
          #1. How are you? Are you now disabled, living in Timbuktu, or still interested in the job

#2. Anything new to add to your Background?
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I know that before I got hired I had some questions. That being said, I can never understand some of the questions people ask on this forum. It isn't some crazy email. Pretty simple stuff.
            Last edited by jeffIL; 05-15-2011, 07:38 PM.
            For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

hey thanks guy, your great. It just feels like they keep dangling the carrot. I dont want to get my hopes up and think they are still interested in hiring me. It almost seems like a routine check up on how I have been keeping, but would they have time for crap like that?

Comment

Just answer him, then keep truckin.
                If it happens, it happens.
                Don't be scared it's just an email.

Comment

hey thanks guy, your great. It just feels like they keep dangling the carrot. I dont want to get my hopes up and think they are still interested in hiring me. It almost seems like a routine check up on how I have been keeping, but would they have time for crap like that?
                  Geez, just answer the freakin E-Mail. As has been noted, it isn't Rocket Science. If the current eligibility register has expired, then, yes, you'll need to retest. It isn't a conspiracy, no one is dangling a carrot in front of you. It's a hiring process. Rarely are they the simple, whiz-bang process so many people imagine. This has been noted, but I'll mention it once more. A BI would far rather do a more simple follow up, check on you, than a from the ground up investigation on a new applicant. Don't read things into the process which simply aren't there.

Comment

Don't answer it. If you can't make such a simple decision, you don't need to be in LE.
                    Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4351 users online. 275 members and 4076 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X