300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for a county corrections job

There is a portion on the application that wants me to "State my objective"... Which I assume translates to "Why do you want this job?"

I want the experience it will give me while I'm also taking community college classes. I don't plan to stay in corrections. I want to be a sworn police officer ultimately... Is this going to hurt my chance, stating that I don't intend to make a life long commitment to corrections?

Should I even mention that my goal is to "ultimately become a sworn police officer"? I'm thinking this is one of those things where you don't want to include too much info, but obviously not too little. Of course either way, my goals are going to come up in any oral interview I may have.
    Last edited by Ignite; 05-13-2011, 05:07 PM.

Originally posted by Ignite View Post
    There is a portion on the application that wants me to "State my objective"... Which I assume translates to "Why do you want this job?"

I want the experience it will give me while I'm also taking community college classes. I don't plan to stay in corrections. I want to be a sworn police officer ultimately... Is this going to hurt my chance, stating that I don't intend to make a life long commitment to corrections?

Should I even mention that my goal is to "ultimately become a sworn police officer"? I'm thinking this is one of those things where you don't want to include too much info, but obviously not too little. Of course either way, my goals are going to come up in any oral interview I may have.

Tell them the truth.................that way later you don't look like an idiot.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I can state the truth without revealing too much of it. I just don't know how much is really necessary, that's all.

Comment

Listen caaarefulllyyyyy

Just tell them the truth
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

Right... I'm not going to lie, but my question still hasn't been answered adequately. Thanks anyways.

Comment

Ok let me try this

TELL THEM WHAT YOUR LONG TERM PLANS ARE!

Comment

Originally posted by Ignite View Post
              I can state the truth without revealing too much of it. I just don't know how much is really necessary, that's all.
              What part of Iowa's response don't you understand? It's real easy to get "cute" when filling out applications. You do that to your own detriment. Once more, tell the truth.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4530 users online. 279 members and 4251 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X