Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the easiest law enforcement job to get (most demand for)?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the easiest law enforcement job to get (most demand for)?

Ultimately I want to be a city patrol officer for sure, but I'm thinking it wouldn't necessarily be such a bad idea to have a different type of law enforcement job to get my foot in the door and gain some experience, until things work out for me in getting a city police job. I'm thinking corrections, parole, and whatever else there is that I haven't thought of.

Any ideas?

If you're in school getting an unpaid internship is probably the easiest job to get.
    sigpic

Comment

This actually sounds intriguing... Do most departments allow/encourage this? I haven't seen it "advertised".

Comment

There is no, and should not be, an easy job to get in this profession.

Corrections is usually easier to get into that police work. It is also a good stepping stone.
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Easiest? Lets see...

Corrections - particularly county corrections is almost always looking and willing to hire anyone who shows a smidgen of interest and a decent background.

Military LE (MPs) will continue to recruit I'm sure. It might not be a bad idea to hide out in the military for a contract while the economy tries to fix itself.

If you have a college degree you can go off and get your NPS II license to become a seasonal law enforcement park ranger. Its not great money, and its seasonal - but your a federal law enforcement officer.

You can attempt to put yourself throught the Academy and get a state peace officer license. It doesnt make it easier exactly, but you do stand out in alot of applications and more than likely will at least get a call back.

Also if you get your license you can try out for things such as constables or tranist cops etc depending on if they have the positions available in your state. People tend to forget about those jobs.

Good Luck

Comment

Thanks nsiops.

Looks like my county is currently hiring for corrections officers. I'm gonna go ahead and apply!

Comment

Kansas DOC. They will literally hire anyone with a pulse. You do have to be 19 years old though. Even in this recession and with state budget cuts, there are facilities throughout the state that are still hiring. It probably has to do with the starting pay $26,998/yr.
              What is Perseverance?
              -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
              -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
              -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Oh and the other thing I forgot to mention is the position of Reserve Officer/Deputy. You still have to go through the normal hiring process, but they are easier to get because you are an unpaid volunteer. My first LE job was as a reserve deputy sheriff. I worked for free.
                What is Perseverance?

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Thanks.

Starting pay for Corrections Officer here is 50k/year... Cost of living is much more than Kansas though, I presume.

Comment

Great Mall of Amercia. You should fit right in and get some good experience and training.
                    Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ignite View Post
                      Thanks.

Starting pay for Corrections Officer here is 50k/year... Cost of living is much more than Kansas though, I presume.
                      Believe me, making $26,000/yr even here in Kansas is not living large. Keep in mind that the higher the pay, the harder it is to get hired, the lower the turnover, and the less easy it is.

You asked about the easiest LE jobs to get. I doubt that it is nearly as easy to get hired where COs make $50,000 a year. In fact I know it isn't since I now work for the BOP.
                      What is Perseverance?

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Originally posted by District B 13 View Post
                        Great Mall of Amercia. You should fit right in and get some good experience and training.
                        Insult?

I don't even live in Minnesota.

Comment

Easiest? Best paying? Most demand for?

A Detective position working Street Mime investigations
                          "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

Ignite, your entire post it asinine. There is no "easiest". You seem to want to be able to get by with the minimal amount of work to be involved in LE. MoA is the best place for you.
                            Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

Originally posted by District B 13 View Post
                              Ignite, your entire post it asinine. There is no "easiest". You seem to want to be able to get by with the minimal amount of work to be involved in LE. MoA is the best place for you.
                              Apparently you didn't read my post. I want a stepping stone job (in the meantime, while I'm schooling), which will give me more of an upper hand in being more competitive for a city patrol job and give me LE experience in the meantime. Open slots for entry-level, sworn police officer, at the departments around here, are few and far between... So I'm looking for a job that does more hiring, and/or has a quicker turn over rate.

I wouldn't have done my 4 years in the Marines, if the easy route was the one I wanted to go :P
                              Last edited by Ignite; 05-13-2011, 04:50 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3125 users online. 160 members and 2965 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X