Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYC Civil Service Commission- any experience?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYC Civil Service Commission- any experience?

has anyone applied for NYPD and been Dq'd, appealed to CSC and won? how long after your hearing did you get your results. I have been waiting 3+ months for mine.

I was DQ'd from nypd in early 2009 for having been diagnosed with mild PTSD upon my return from Iraq in 2006, honorable discharge and everything. Even though I was cleared by 2 Psychiatrists and a Psychologist at the VA, saying " I no longer have PTSD" the nypd psych saw fit to DQ me. Needless to say I appealed and after almost 2 years and 8,000$ I had my hearing in January. I am sure I won, but it is taking forever to get my results. has anyone else had a similar situation to this? or has anyone had a hearing with the CSC? if so how did it go, and how long did it take for results?

Thanks

Originally posted by Yessum1 View Post
    has anyone applied for NYPD and been Dq'd, appealed to CSC and won? how long after your hearing did you get your results. I have been waiting 3+ months for mine.

I was DQ'd from nypd in early 2009 for having been diagnosed with mild PTSD upon my return from Iraq in 2006, honorable discharge and everything. Even though I was cleared by 2 Psychiatrists and a Psychologist at the VA, saying " I no longer have PTSD" the nypd psych saw fit to DQ me. Needless to say I appealed and after almost 2 years and 8,000$ I had my hearing in January. I am sure I won, but it is taking forever to get my results. has anyone else had a similar situation to this? or has anyone had a hearing with the CSC? if so how did it go, how long did it take for results?

Thanks
    I had a similar problem with NYC department of corrections I was DQ by NYC DOC I appealed to the CSC and provided my paper work to the department. The department overturned their decission after I provided the medical documentation.(My DQ was for vision). Plus it took a year for them to get back to me. Dont be afraid to call the CSC and ask for the status of your appeal. This is your future so who cares if you **** off the secretary I use to call every month any way good look. Any other questions shoot me a PM

Comment

Originally posted by Yessum1 View Post

I was DQ'd from nypd in early 2009 for having been diagnosed with mild PTSD upon my return from Iraq in 2006, honorable discharge and everything. Even though I was cleared by 2 Psychiatrists and a Psychologist at the VA, saying " I no longer have PTSD" the nypd psych saw fit to DQ me. Needless to say I appealed and after almost 2 years and 8,000$ I had my hearing in January. I am sure I won, but it is taking forever to get my results. has anyone else had a similar situation to this? or has anyone had a hearing with the CSC? if so how did it go, and how long did it take for results?

Thanks
      Dealing with APD and NYC Civil Service can be one of the most irritating and frustrating experiences of your life. You are on their timetable. It's as simple as that. They'll notify you of the results when they want to and there really isn't anything that can be done. 3 months is nothing. Others have waited over 2 years for the results. Sit back, buckle up, and enjoy the ride.

Comment

thanks to the both of you

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4479 users online. 279 members and 4200 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X