Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is man with a family more likely to get hired than the bachelor?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is man with a family more likely to get hired than the bachelor?

Just curious if a family man is favored over a young man with no wife or kids. I'm wondering if a department would see it more as a favor to extend a job to someone who has a family and that type of responsibility, but otherwise basically the same background as the single man.

Sorry if this seems like a stupid/trivial question, but I'm really curious if it does make a difference.

No difference.
    Ignore List : Bearcat357, Blackavar

Comment

Originally posted by Ignite View Post
      Just curious if a family man is favored over a young man with no wife or kids. I'm wondering if a department would see it more as a favor to extend a job to someone who has a family and that type of responsibility, but otherwise basically the same background as the single man.

Sorry if this seems like a stupid/trivial question, but I'm really curious if it does make a difference.
      NO............(10 characters)
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Ok...........(11 character, I win)

Comment

On this forum you have to have 10 characters or more, or it won't let you post. He wasn't being a smart-***.

No, it makes no difference. If you're married with a family, your wife and kids are not the ones taking the tests to be a police officer...you are. That's all that matters.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by Smurfette
          Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
          Originally posted by DAL
          You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

No..........

Comment

It won't make any difference. That is until you are actually working. I can't tell you how many coworkers I have who can supposedly only work certain shifts and have certain days off (oddly enough it's always M-F day watch) because of their kids. Also there are coworkers who bang in sick frequently for their kids, and show up late, and leave early for family related business occasionally.

There are officers here who use their family as an excuse to get the best shifts, the best days off, and basically be a lackluster employee. When I signed up for this job, I agreed to taking a job with weird schedules, and long hours, yet some of my fellow officers seem to think that doesn't apply to them.
              What is Perseverance?
              -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
              -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
              -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Nope...the best qualified tends to get the job. You're just a number......
                This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Good question. I have to agree with TheKansan on the answer. My current agency tries to keep everyone happy by rotating from days to nights every 3 months. Nobody is happy, married or single. I'm a rookie, but I can respect the senior officers request for a permanent shift to be with family, even if it means I don't get the shift I want. Experience and seniority should count for something, my time will come once I've earned it.

Just my two cents!
                  Tac Six One

"For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil." ~Romans 13

Comment

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                    It won't make any difference. That is until you are actually working. I can't tell you how many coworkers I have who can supposedly only work certain shifts and have certain days off (oddly enough it's always M-F day watch) because of their kids. Also there are coworkers who bang in sick frequently for their kids, and show up late, and leave early for family related business occasionally.

There are officers here who use their family as an excuse to get the best shifts, the best days off, and basically be a lackluster employee. When I signed up for this job, I agreed to taking a job with weird schedules, and long hours, yet some of my fellow officers seem to think that doesn't apply to them.
                    This happens everywhere and it actually feel like discrimination to the officers that don't have children, don't want them or have had them already move out of the house.

Lets put it this way, say your 26 single or married without any children (maybe you don't ever want them, maybe you do) and you buy a house. Now you have to pay quite a bit in school taxes to send everyone else's kids to school...That's just wrong.
                    Ignore List : Bearcat357, Blackavar

Comment

I was told it helped me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6110 users online. 317 members and 5793 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X