300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessories during interviews

I was wondering what your all opinions are of wearing some sort of breast cancer accessories for an interview. It is a big thing for me as my long time girlfriend has the Brca1 gene and both her mom and grandmother have both had breast cancer. I have things like a breast cancer lapel pin, the pink Imagine bracelet(which I do wear almost daily), and a breast cancer tie (it isnt over the top, just has a stripe of ribbons like every 5 inches). I'm not talking about wearing all of these things at once, but what about 1 or 2 of them for it? BTW real men do wear pink.

Originally posted by Radford View Post
    I was wondering what your all opinions are of wearing some sort of breast cancer accessories for an interview. It is a big thing for me as my long time girlfriend has the Brca1 gene and both her mom and grandmother have both had breast cancer. I have things like a breast cancer lapel pin, the pink Imagine bracelet(which I do wear almost daily), and a breast cancer tie (it isnt over the top, just has a stripe of ribbons like every 5 inches). I'm not talking about wearing all of these things at once, but what about 1 or 2 of them for it? BTW real men do wear pink.
    I get that it's a cause that's close to your heart, but what reason is there for making a concentrated effort to wear it for an interview? What benefits do you think you're going to get for wearing it?

If you always wear the bracelet, then wear that and forget about the lapel pin and tie.
    Originally posted by K40
    To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
    ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

Originally posted by PtlCop View Post
      I get that it's a cause that's close to your heart, but what reason is there for making a concentrated effort to wear it for an interview? What benefits do you think you're going to get for wearing it?

If you always wear the bracelet, then wear that and forget about the lapel pin and tie.
      +1. It's a great cause of course but the folks doing your interview aren't going to be interested in your agenda or beliefs but whether you are a good candidate.
      "Naw officer, I was hanging with my cousin"

"Sooo, real cousin or play cousins ?"

Originally posted by JasperST
      I'm thinking a battalion of menstruating bearded women could kick some serious booty!

Comment

We always advise applicants to wear conservative business attire.

Anything else is distracting and could be perceived as an attempt to influence someone's decision.

Yep, not a bit afraid to wear pink.....................but I am also not going to wear my "Save the Boobies" tshirt to work.
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

You've received three great replies. Heed them.

Comment

Thank you all for your relies I will keep doing what I've been doing and just push the bracelet up on my forearm when I go for the interview that way it isn't visible. I understand your point of views with the attempt of biasing, I was just looking at it as the interview is to let the panel know who you are and wearing the bracelet even if hidden is who I am. Thank you all.

Comment

Wearing the bracelet hidden and leaving the other items at home is the best solution.

You keep true to your belief, and avoid any chance of it causing an issue.

Good luck.

-V

Comment

Originally posted by Radford View Post
                No one cares what causes you support. Go to your interview dressed appropriately.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4502 users online. 278 members and 4224 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X