X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oneoldcop
    replied
    Originally posted by Dunlop View Post
    I just wanted to ask a follow up. Anyone have any specifics on how to carry yourself like a cop? I'm assuming you meant carrying yourself with confidence but I just thought it would be interesting to know exactly what you mean by that.
    Thanks
    Command presence, know what you're talking about...confidence.

Leave a comment:

• mikeymedic
    replied
    5' 08" and 130 on a good day. I get more respect and compliance from the ****bag's then my fellow officers. It is all about command presence and how you use your words.

Leave a comment:

• crass cop
    replied
    you wil learn in the academy and from other cops...especially the old timers...well, some of them anyway

Leave a comment:

• Dunlop
    replied
    Originally posted by reils49 View Post
    You'll be fine. Just carry yourself like a cop
    I just wanted to ask a follow up. Anyone have any specifics on how to carry yourself like a cop? I'm assuming you meant carrying yourself with confidence but I just thought it would be interesting to know exactly what you mean by that.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Smurfette_76
    replied
    Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
    Whatever happens, don't become "THAT" guy. You know the smaller guy with the big man complex. He goes around acting all tough and ****ing people off. Every agency where I have worked has had at least one.
    We call him Chief.

Leave a comment:

• nmc
    replied
    I never think less of a police officer who is smaller in size....and anyway you could wear some boots to give you an extra inch and strap on some kevlar to give you an extra 40 pounds (appearance-wise)

Leave a comment:

• PhilipCal
    replied
    It's a non issue.

Leave a comment:

• CACBAND
    replied
    It's in the mind set and officer presence in how you handle your self. I'm a skinny dude, about the same stats as you for that matter. I hit the road in a few days. I got crap in my academy for my size but I held my own.

Leave a comment:

• TheKansan
    replied
    Whatever happens, don't become "THAT" guy. You know the smaller guy with the big man complex. He goes around acting all tough and ****ing people off. Every agency where I have worked has had at least one.

Leave a comment:

• NCEA2745
    replied
    Law enforcement officers come in all shapes, sizes and colors. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Leave a comment:

• just joe
    replied
    Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
    Only reference that I will surmise that size doesn't, in fact, matter.

I do get some solace from that thought.

Leave a comment:

• deputy x 2
    replied
    It's the small ones that you have to watch out for!

You'll learn that it isn't always brawn...it's brains.....and how well you can verbalize. It also helps being able to go from zero to beeeotch in nothing flat!

You'll be fine.

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    I spent 35 yrs in the profession at 5'7" 150lbs.

Never had a problem

Leave a comment:

• BigW
    replied
    I am a fairly large guy along with most on our dept. However, the smallest man on our SWAT team (as well as the smallest in the dept) could beat the stuffing out of the rest of us. Just feisty and quick.

If you truly feel you need to be bigger try drinking supplements between meals and working out. It will add bulk. But as others have stated it is not necessary.

Leave a comment:

• Smurfette_76
    replied
    Only reference that I will surmise that size doesn't, in fact, matter.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2920 users online. 186 members and 2734 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X