Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you overcome certain flaws in your background?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I stopped reading at 'im a minority'..........go to ohio, youll be hired no matter what your background looks like...
    Originally posted by crass cop
    Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by LaPlaca View Post
      I stopped reading at 'im a minority'..........go to ohio, youll be hired no matter what your background looks like...
      You aren't the only one to mention Ohio in this thread...

Is there some sort of truth or personal experience with agencies in Ohio? Stories you all have heard?

Comment

Originally posted by PaliBoy20 View Post
        Undetected theft from previous employer - I took a bag of a few pieces of clothing (would constitute as petit larceny misdemeanor). However, I "allowed" a couple friends to take a bag each which in turn makes it a felony by a hundred dollars by law ($200 is felony and I believe total would've been like $300 between the 3 of us) I know this and admit it in May of 2007.

Okay, with that all out there. The typical advice for driving record is keep 3-5 years between your last ticket. Understandable. Now, how do I overcome (if I even can) the previous undetected theft? Also wait several years to show maturity or just don't bother with this career? One agency gave me the advice to reapply in another year and said it was a good thing I was honest and up front about my previous theft. I know nobody's perfect but would like the reassurance (if there is any) that my dreams aren't completely crushed but must be delayed several years. Do you guys know anybody with a few major flaws but were hired anyway? Thanks a lot everybody and thanks for all you do out there. I can only pray that one day I can work alongside you all. .

Your a thief not just a petit larceny kind, the felon kind! Worse of all your trying to use your minority/bilingual status to help move past it...using your skin color as a crutch or a way in the door is despicable. How about you use the good you have done? oh wait....that was to commit a felony and let your so called friends steal from your employer also.

Practice flipping burgers because Mcd's doesn't care if you steal a french fry.
        Last edited by Buffaloboy; 05-04-2011, 08:27 PM.
        Ignore List : Bearcat357, Blackavar

Comment

Originally posted by Buffaloboy View Post
          Your a thief not just a petit larceny kind, the felon kind! Worse of all your trying to use your minority/bilingual status to help move past it...using your skin color as a crutch or a way in the door is despicable. How about you use the good you have done? oh wait....that was to commit a felony and let your so called friends steal from your employer also.

Practice flipping burgers because Mcd's doesn't care if you steal a french fry.
          I wasn't using anything? I mentioned the good, I mentioned the bad. Whatever, though. Thanks for the input.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4341 users online. 275 members and 4066 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X