Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I get to meet with the background investigator next week (what should i expect)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I get to meet with the background investigator next week (what should i expect)

First off, I want to thank everyone on this Forum for the great deal of information I have found on here that has helped me with the hiring process for my local department.

Anyway,
    I have the background investigation interview (about 3 hours) next week and was wondering what could I expect?

Thanks for all your help.
    CLICK IT OR TICKET! DRIVER SOBER OR GET PULLED OVER!

Very generally, the investigator will probably go over your application with particular reference to your Personal History Statement or similar document. He/she will be looking for any obvious errors or contradictions. (They do occur). The investigator may speak to you concerning schooling, job and work history, finances, really a wide variety of topics. All of these have a bearing on your suitability for hire. The Background Investigation really determines two basic things. It determines whether or not the applicant meets the minimum standards for employment by the Agency. It also determines whether or not the applicant meets any of the Department's criteria for disqualification. For your interview, dress appropriately. For males that is suit and tie, clean shaven, well groomed. For females, appropriate business attire. Be punctual, even to the point of arriving a few moments early. Answer all questions clearly and distinctly. Sell, but don't over sell yourself.

Comment

Make sure your finances are in order. I got back from deployment, only to find out that the BI ran a credit check (which I knew to expect) and found that I was defaulted on a student loan during the deployment (which I did not know about). Fortunately, I was able to straighten the situation out immediately, get caught up on payments, and my hiring process went smoothly after that.

Probably a good idea to use that free credit report your entiteld to, if you haven't done so. FTC Website for further information.

Comment

The background interview went great! He checked my facebook which i wasnt aware he would but at least i'm not the kind of person who writes random crap on there. Credit was flawless. Everything went good so far. Rumor has it he called my references already. He is gonna try and process me to the cheif as soon as possible.
        CLICK IT OR TICKET! DRIVER SOBER OR GET PULLED OVER!

Comment

Originally posted by NCGG View Post
          The background interview went great! He checked my facebook which i wasnt aware he would but at least i'm not the kind of person who writes random crap on there. Credit was flawless. Everything went good so far. Rumor has it he called my references already. He is gonna try and process me to the cheif as soon as possible.
          That is how it is supposed to work.

Good Luck
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5559 users online. 330 members and 5229 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X