Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just wondering how long should I wait for an answer.....

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wondering how long should I wait for an answer.....

Hello,
    I applied and tested for the Va State Police back in March, and it's almost May.
    I am just wondering if I should call my recruiter and inquire.
    I don't want to seem like a pest, but I'm just wondering.
    They had initially said aboout 4-6 weeks for an answer.
    It's been some time past that.....
    My biggest concern is that the Postal Service may have sent my answer to the wrong address.
    So, I would appreciate anyone who could give me an answer.
    Thanks to all.......

The time estimate most agencies give is "optimistic" to say the least. While I understand your anxiety, I'd let another week or two go by prior to inquiring. Can't help you with the wrong address situation. The Dept will address any correspondence to the address(s) you provide. Waiting, anxiety, uncertainty are all aspects of just about any hiring process. There really is no "magic bullet" I can offer you. Try to stay focused on your current job, and leisure time activities. No amount of worrying, agonizing, or sweating will make your process go any faster. Keep in mind the possibility, that if you're successful and called for the Academy, it will have been well worth the wait. Good luck.

Comment

test and forget it, best way to do it, the odds you will call and have them be like "oh man good thing you called we were trying to get a hold of you" are non existent. just wait it out they'll get in touch with you when they need you
      Originally posted by Rudy8116
      The only reason I have one in the chamber at all times is because it is impossible to have two in.

Originally posted by CruiserClass
      OC is my last option. I've never met anyone immune to electricity or physics.

Comment

Thank you to those who've answered me so far.
        Yes, focusing on my current job very important-I'm an Armed Security Officer at a couple of sites, but am leaving one to do exactly what you said, spend more time with my family and on leisure activities. I'm also an MP and my company will be deploying in December, so all those very important. I'm just wondering is all, and yes a bit anxious/excited. Your right tho-if I get selected I will definitely consider the wait worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by MP-M5103 View Post
          My biggest concern is that the Postal Service may have sent my answer to the wrong address.
          The results will be sent to what ever address you gave the department when you filled out the original application unless you personally changed that address with the department.

IF you changed address since you filled out the above paperwork, you need to file a change of address with the postal service who will then forward any mail to your new address.
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Does anyone from Va State Police know if the responses for that test were sent out yet?

Comment

Patience, grasshopper!

Comment

If you go to the VA forum, there are a few threads about the hiring for the 117th and 118th academy. Looks like a rather slow process, but that's to be expected.

(Not a Trooper, but frequent the VA forum as I work for one of the many glorious counties in the Commonwealth.)
                Chesterfield County Police

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4878 users online. 293 members and 4585 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X