Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident psycho

He who fails to plan, plans to fail
    Last edited by JWKnight; 04-27-2011, 02:23 PM.

There is a common misconception that the psych test is to weed out people who are crazy or psycho.

It actually tests to see if you are crazy enough to work in this profession.

No amount of coaching or second guessing can prepare you for the test. Any attempt to learn the test or to manipulate the results will be detected by the reviewer. You can fail it one day, pass it the next, and fail it again the next day. All with the same examiner.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

There is no "key" to answering the questions. You answer them honestly and hope for the best.

Those tests are designed to detect deception so if you start answering what you "think" they want to hear, you'll be DQ'd faster than being actually nuts.

It's not the kind of the thing that you can practice for or find a way to beat the system. The mere fact that you think there might be reveals why you may have "failed" the test.....
      Originally posted by kontemplerande
      Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Originally posted by SRT936 View Post
        There is no "key" to answering the questions. You answer them honestly and hope for the best.

Those tests are designed to detect deception so if you start answering what you "think" they want to hear, you'll be DQ'd faster than being actually nuts.

It's not the kind of the thing that you can practice for or find a way to beat the system. The mere fact that you think there might be reveals why you may have "failed" the test.....
        +1

Just be yourself and answer the questions the way YOU would answer them, not what you think you're supposed to answer.

Comment

I cannot add to the excellent advice you've already received. Over think the exam, you WILL be nuts.

Comment

Psych tests can be a crap shoot.

I've taken three, passed two no problem. "Failed" one. I know lots of cops that have gotten dinged by that test once or twice. Just try again.

Comment

Keepin it moving
              Last edited by JWKnight; 04-27-2011, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Will do better next time
                Last edited by JWKnight; 04-27-2011, 02:19 PM.

Comment

I recently passed two psych tests, and after both I was 50/50 whether I passed or failed. I just went in relaxed and answered everything honestly. The last psych test, I was the first one to leave... I whipped through the questions, so that way I wasn't thinking too much about them. I figured that I'd rather get DQed because the department didn't feel I was a good fit, rather than DQed because I tried to "trick out" the test.
                  "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence to those who would do us harm." - George Orwell, April 4, 1942

Comment

thanks for all the feedback
                    Last edited by JWKnight; 04-27-2011, 02:17 PM.

Comment

I took my first Psych Eval yesterday afternoon. I haven't the foggiest idea as to whether or not I passed. I answered what came into my head first. I liked the guy who "interviewed" me so I felt OK about it. I didn't say that I heard voices in my head or that I was possessed by evil spirits so hopefully I will hear some positive feedback.

Comment

posted before realizing what section I was in--deleted
                        Last edited by Bickfot; 04-27-2011, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JWKnight View Post
                          Wow did I screw up that psych test overthinking. Better happening now then after getting certified. That was just to get in City Of Miami PD S/S Academy, no effect on apps for other agencies. Any advice on where I should seek employment now? I am a Navy veteran 36yrs old, been in trucking for 12 years, trying to change careers to something more stable? Miami Dade has alot of budget issues and threats of laying off cops. Currently unemployed, but I am able to financially sponsor self through an academy. Currently waiting on a response from Washington regarding expiration of GI Bill to possibly go to college for criminal justice degree. Any advice would be appreciated?
                          First of all if JWKnight is your name----------ditch that screen name and get a new one.

Other than that good luck finding a job in LE in this economy. It will be an uphill battle with all of the competition.
                          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3206 users online. 165 members and 3041 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X