Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can my neighborhood keep me from getting hired????

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can my neighborhood keep me from getting hired????

Forgive me for asking a stupid question...

I had already disclosed on my background packet that I know about my one adult middle-aged neighbor's marijuana use - working dispatch I know all too well about the problems turning in a neighbor can have - I don't need that headache - I just choose not to associate with him as much as possible and just have a "friendly neighborly relationship" with him - my wife is friendly with his daughters and his grandchildren play with our kids when they visit...neither my wife nor I would consider him a friend though...

Well, I find out through my wife that the other neighbor 2 doors down has a son who was just arrested for OWI which violates his probation for dealing narcotics for the second time (all of which I didn't know about) - so apparently I don't live in the best of neighborhoods!

I already hear/know about my current department's investigations unit being in our neighborhood all the time for investigations/arrests for narcotics and whatnot (pretty much a running joke - "Hey, I arrested your neighbor" - "Really?" - "No, just messing with you"). Apparently, there's another drug dealer down the street from me so I try not to let ANYONE know where I work...

So, basically, would any of this hurt me in the background process?? Also - as police officers - what's your opinion about NOT turning in my neighbor for recreational marijuana use?? Should I call the police when I know he's smoking marijuana or just live and let live?? I can smell it when I'm outside (usually doing yard work) but I don't SEE it (in the garage?) - I don't want my inaction to reflect badly on my character and cause me to not get hired...Thanks for any insight!
    Originally posted by RSGSRT
    We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
    Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

NO

Come on now.................you have been around long enough to know that the investigators care about what YOU do/did not what your neighbors do/did.

I could care less what your neighbor did--------------as long as you weren't with him and helping him do it
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
      NO

Come on now.................you have been around long enough to know that the investigators care about what YOU do/did not what your neighbors do/did.

I could care less what your neighbor did--------------as long as you weren't with him and helping him do it
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

I would be DEVASTATED if something like this kept me from getting hired so I've been worried about the "guilt by association" ever since I found out - like if I "know" them than I must be bad also, ya know? It's seriously been making me think about putting up the house for rent early and moving away from them all now and not even waiting until that if/when I get hired out of state...

Thank you for the replies! You've made me feel better.
        Last edited by Aerohead; 04-19-2011, 05:38 PM.
        Originally posted by RSGSRT
        We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
        Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5605 users online. 361 members and 5244 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X