Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I get hired? (Full traffic History included)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get hired? (Full traffic History included)

I'm currently putting myself through the academy. "I'm the guide"

Anyway
    I have 2 years of Military experience (Marine Corps) and currently in the Marine Corps Reserve

I've applied to one agency so far, and I have been extremely honest about everything.

ZERO drug use, but I did put on the application that I "underage drank" before.

My only real issue would be my driving history

I am 21 years old.

Code:
    Violations:
      02/14/2009  	EXPIRED TAG - 6 MOS OR LESS W A   (Convicted: 04/16/2009)
    Ticket Number:	Points:	Action Taken:	B.A.L.:	Disposition Code:	Crash Code:	Court:	County/State:	City:	Conv. Charge Code:	Citation Code:
    2363SLU 	0 	 	 	1 	A 	COUNTY 	ORANGE 	 	473 	 
      02/14/2009  	IMPROPER LANE CHANGING W A   (Convicted: 04/16/2009)
    Ticket Number:	Points:	Action Taken:	B.A.L.:	Disposition Code:	Crash Code:	Court:	County/State:	City:	Conv. Charge Code:	Citation Code:
    2361SLU 	4 	 	 	1 	A 	COUNTY 	ORANGE 	 	331 	 
      02/17/2009  	IMPROPER BACKING A   (Convicted: 04/16/2009)
    3293RKS 	4 	 	 	1 	A 	COUNTY 	SMNLE 	 	392 	 
      12/10/2009  	FAIL TO OBEY TRAF INSTR SIGN/DEVICE   (Convicted: 02/08/2010)
    5211RUW 	3 	 	 	1 	 	COUNTY 	SMNLE 	 	532
    Simplified version:
    Code:
      02/14/2009  	EXPIRED TAG - 6 MOS OR LESS W A   (Convicted: 04/16/2009)
    Code:
      02/14/2009  	IMPROPER LANE CHANGING W A   (Convicted: 04/16/2009)
    Code:
      02/17/2009  	IMPROPER BACKING A   (Convicted: 04/16/2009)
    Code:
      12/10/2009  	FAIL TO OBEY TRAF INSTR SIGN/DEVICE   (Convicted: 02/08/2010)
    Do I have a chance of getting hired?
    Last edited by soraflair; 04-18-2011, 09:47 PM.

2009 was a pretty bad year for you wasn't it? I'd say you have a chance, but you'd need at minimum 3 years of clean driving to be considered in this economy and even then you may have a tough time. i would not say you're disqualified but I things will be difficult.

Good luck to you

Comment

12/10/2009 Failure to obey traf instr sign/device. "Convicted." Even standing alone, it's too recent and a "mover". Just about any department is going to want a minimum of three years of violation free driving. Try to understand that currently, and for a variety of reasons, agencies have a glut of highly qualified applicants. Many of these people bring violation free driving records to the process. In the meantime, continue to work at improving your driving record. Stay out of trouble, both in and out of the Reserve Unit. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by soraflair View Post
        I'm currently putting myself through the academy. "I'm the guide"

Do I have a chance of getting hired?
        I don't get it?

Wouldn't it be much more intelligent for a person to investigate their chances of being hired by a police department PRIOR to shelling out $5-7000 only to just get a a piece of paper saying you are "certifiable" in the eyes of the law.

Read PhilipCal's advice above.................I echo it 100%
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Our insurance wouldn't cover you, so no, we wouldn't hire you. You have too many violations that are not ancient history.

Comment

You need AT LEAST another 5-7 years with NO violations.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6559 users online. 348 members and 6211 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X