300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tickets while Applying to departments

So this sounds bad but I was pulled over and received a speeding ticket while on my way to test for a department. I had a nice conversation with the officer about it and he informed me if I take a driver improvement class he would recommend it be lowered to a improper use citation, but nonetheless I was speeding. I havn't had a moving violation in about 4 years. How bad did this just hurt me?

It will hurt you. How bad I cannot say since it is entirely up to the departments that you applied to. Word of advice; call all of the departments on your sig line that you are in the process with and let them know about the ticket...at least they will see you as an honest candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeymedic View Post
      It will hurt you. How bad I cannot say since it is entirely up to the departments that you applied to. Word of advice; call all of the departments on your sig line that you are in the process with and let them know about the ticket...at least they will see you as an honest candidate.
      +1

I would also add, maybe deleting all of those departments on your sig line too. Everyone can see those...even the anti-police. Trust me, there are anti police people lurking on this forum.

Comment

Everyone gets tickets and I think a department understands to a certain degree. If you already have a few black marks, it will hurt you more than if you have had a fairly clean traffic history.

I would also agree with Michigan, get those departments off your sig line. No one cares and your posts can be used against you in any hiring process/employment opportunities.

Comment

I agree with my colleagues.

Comment

I did take your advice and removed the departments from my Sig. I already went through and notified the departments I've done a personal history statement with about my ticket. I guess we will wait it out and see. One question since my charge is still pending and I'm still filling out information for departments, the charge has been lowered to an improper equipment charge which is no points for insurance. Do I need to list that charge of keep that the charge was speeding but conviction was improper equipment or just list as improper equipment?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5402 users online. 288 members and 5114 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X